Chapter 19

When Steve entered the living room, Wanda was sitting comfortably on one of the couches scrolling through her phone. "So, you want something to drink?"

"No, thank you, I'm fine." Wanda finished scrolling through her phone and put it away. She started staring at Steve.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Steve inquired after he realized she was staring at him.

"No. Actually, you do, but everyone has two eyes, a nose, and a mouth."

"Haha, very funny," said Steve with sarcasm. "Why were you staring at me?"

"I'm waiting for your explanation, but I was also observing you."

"What is there to observe?"

"What is there not to observe? For one, you usually sit on the couch upon entering the living room, and this time you didn't. Instead, you're standing, hands in pocket, head slightly down with a mixture of happiness and regret in your eyes," she answered professionally.

Steve was taken aback. "How did you-"

"Oh, Steve," interrupted Wanda, "I'm your sister. I've seen all of your expressions and know your habits. So, I think you'd better get whatever is bothering you out in the open. You'll feel better."

Steve walked towards the couch and sat down. "What do you want to know?"

"I want to know everything, but you told me you'd only tell what you want me to know. I suggest you start by telling me why Natasha was here in the first place."

"Nata-" Steve stopped when he saw Wanda smirking and raising her eyebrows at him. He realized he was going to say "Natasha". "Miss Romanoff," Steve started again making sure to emphasize the name, "was here to talk about private ballet lessons for Livy once Livy starts school."

Seeing that Steve wasn't going to keep going, Wanda prodded, "And then?"

"Well, she saw my paintings and asked if I can design a poster for the ballet performance that they're going to have at the end of the course."

Again, Steve stopped causing Wanda to become impatient. "I know that's not it, so keep talking."

"After we talked about all that, she asked me about the picture on the side table, so I told her my story with Peggy. Then she told me her story. I guess it was the whole story because she started it from when she was a young girl. After that, I'm not sure what happened."

Wanda couldn't believe that Steve actually told someone about Peggy. "Wait, wait, wait. You told someone about Peggy?"

"Yes, I did."

"Steve, that's wonderful! You finally talked about her after so long! What made you do it?" Wanda was sitting at the edge of the couch eager to hear his answer.

Steve pondered a little before answering. "I'm not sure. I guess it just felt right."

"I see. Anyways, moving on, so she told you her story. What then?"

"Then...I'm sorry, Wanda, it's too embarrassing. I really don't know what happened." Steve looked down as if he were ashamed.

"Did you guys kiss?" Wanda asked in a whisper.

"No! Of course not!"

"Then why is it embarrassing?" Wanda smirked.

"Fine, I'll tell you. We-we-wegazedintoeachother'seyes," Steve mumbled rapidly.

"What did you say? I didn't understand you."

"I said, 'we gazed into each other's eyes,'" Steve pronounced each word clearly. "Happy now?"