Chapter 9

The next week came before anyone knew it. Livy was super excited to be spending time with her aunts and uncles for a whole week. Steve was looking forward to his down time, but he was also glad to be spending time with Sharon with her not being so busy all of the time. Wanda, Bucky, Pietro, and Allison were eager to spend time with Livy and had lots of plans. As for Nat, well, she didn't have anything interesting going on for her. She was just glad to be starting her second week of teaching ballet to her students and was looking forward to seeing her students advance.

Tony, Pepper, Steve, and Sharon planned to leave New York on Monday around 8 A.M. in Tony's private jet. Steve had to drop off Livy at Wanda's house at 7:15 in order to be at the airport on time. After another night of no sleep, Steve finally decided to get up to get ready at six o'clock. He didn't need to do much because Livy's little suitcase was ready since the day before as well as his suitcase. He only had to put a few things in his suitcase that he was going to be using to get ready. He had no need to wake up Livy because he could still carry her. The most probable thing that would happen is that Livy would wake up while he's taking her to the car from her bed and from the car into Wanda's house, but knowing Livy, she would go back to sleep almost right away.

The first thing Steve did was take a quick shower. After showering and getting mostly ready, he toasted himself some bread even though he was going to eat breakfast in the jet. He had a fast metabolism anyways, so it wouldn't affect him at all. After eating his toast with Nutella, he brushed his teeth and put in the stuff he had already used into his suitcase. Once he was done, he put the suitcases into the car. He then went to Livy's room, carried her, and put a light blanket over her. Steve carried her to the car and buckled her into her car seat. He made sure her head was in a position that wouldn't make her uncomfortable. Livy opened her eyes slightly but quickly closed her eyes and continued sleeping. It was 6:40 when Steve pulled out of his driveway.

There wasn't much traffic at this time in the morning in Manhattan-that's where Wanda's apartment was located-so Steve got to her place a little early. He texted her to make sure she was awake, and sure enough, she was. Steve got out of the car and opened the trunk to take out Livy's suitcase. Wanda came out of her apartment just then, so Steve gave her the suitcase to take inside while he grabbed Livy. When he got to Wanda's door, she led him to the spare bedroom so that he could lay Livy on the bed.

"Aren't you going to wake her up to say goodbye?" Wanda asked.

Steve looked at Livy's peaceful face. "I really don't want to wake her. She looks so peaceful."

"I know, Steve, but I think she will be highly disappointed if you don't say goodbye to her."

"You're right." He looked back down at Livy, and softly called her name. She didn't wake up, so he decided to shake her lightly. "Princess, wake up." Livy started to stir a little. "Princess, Daddy's leaving soon."

Livy slowly opened her eyes and saw Steve kneeling beside the bed. "You're leaving?" she croaked.

"Yes, I am. Sorry for waking you, but I wanted to say goodbye to you."

"I don't want you to leave, Daddy. I want you to stay."

"I know, I don't want to leave you either, but you'll have so much fun with your aunt and uncles. Before you know it, I'll be back."

"Ok, Daddy. I love you!"

"I love you too, Princess. Be good for your Aunt Wanda, ok?"

"Yes, Daddy. I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too." Steve leaned in and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Livy kissed his cheek and gave him a hug. "All right. I have to go now." Livy didn't move.