Chapter 27

Steve asked both Bucky and Wanda to go to his house on Tuesday, their day off, which coincidentally was the same day. Steve had a lot to talk about with them, and they were well aware. Both Wanda and Bucky knew that Livy wouldn't be able to keep such a juicy secret, but they had hoped she would keep it for some time. They had wanted to avoid this conversation with Steve until they were sure they were ready for it. I mean, this was Steve's best friend dating his sister. Both of them knew that Steve would get overprotective even if it was his best friend. Thankfully, he had asked them over to his house while Livy was in school, so they didn't need to worry about her.

Tuesday morning arrived much too soon for the pair. Bucky had let Wanda know he was going to pick her up so that they would arrive together. Once they got to Steve's house, they just sat in the car trying to stall the conversation as long as possible.

"I think we should go in," Wanda said staring at the front door of the house.

"Yeah, I think we should," Bucky agreed.

"The sooner we get this done the better, right?"

Bucky nodded.

Neither of them made a move to get out. They stayed staring at the house dreading to go in.

Steve, who had heard them pull up, was wondering what was taking them so long to knock on the door or just to go in already. After waiting for some time, he decided to go out and see for himself.

Bucky and Wanda both jumped when they saw the front door open, and Steve poking his head out. "Now we really do have to go in," Wanda mumbled.

"Hey! You guys planning on staying in the car staring at the house, or are you planning on actually coming in?" Steve called out.

Bucky got out of the car and walked to the other side to open the door for Wanda and help her out.

Steve was a little bothered by that, but that was how he was raised. He wouldn't expect anything less. "Finally you two decide to come in. Do you want water? Lemonade? Juice?"

"You made lemonade?" Wanda asked a little doubtfully.

"Seriously, Wanda? I can make lemonade if it's the powder one. That one has instructions on the container. Livy drank some this morning and said it was very good."

"I'll have some lemonade, Steve," Bucky said.

"What about you, Wanda?"

"Water is fine with me, thank you."

"How about you two go have a seat in the living room, and I'll be right out with the drinks?" Steve suggested as he started walking towards the kitchen.

Bucky and Wanda entered the living room and sat on the love seat. "It doesn't look like he's going to grill us for answers," Bucky commented to Wanda quietly.

"No, it doesn't, but we just got here. Who knows what's going on in that mind of his."

Steve came back with three glasses and some coasters. "Water and lemonade," he said as he set the coasters and the glasses on the coffee table. He had served himself some lemonade as well. He sat down on the couch. "So, how have you two been?"

"We just saw each other yesterday, Steve. You know how I've been," Wanda said a little annoyed he didn't go straight into the conversation.

"Busy, I know that, but it could have changed since yesterday."

"I've been fine. Everything at work is going well," Bucky answered.

"That's nice."

There was a silence among the three and a thick tension in the air. Steve was picking his words wisely. He didn't want a big argument to come out of this. He should be happy about it, but he was also looking out for Wanda.