ACT 22

ACT 22

Looking around as if she'd see the person she's speaking with, Ashe tried her best to process the happenings of the present. She couldn't believe she'd hear such words from the person she least expected to hear it from. It was unexpected. Completely. There must be an explanation that would tell her everything. It would be an utter shock if there were none.

"Yes, obviously." Her half-sister answered, the tone used making her think that Sejuani was actually right in front of her, scowling.

"Why did you call? She asked, finding the situation as odd and off as it can possibly be.

"It's complicated." Sejuani replied, before she suddenly grouched out, "And why do I have to explain myself to you?"

Shifting her weight on her right leg and placing her left hand on her hip, she returned with, "You are the one who called first, and last I checked, we aren't really the closest siblings. In fact, it's quite the opposite."

"I know that!" The younger and much hot-headed Winters growled back.

"Then why call?"

"Did you block my number because of what had happened at the house?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're not the only one I blocked, sister. Don't feel too special."

"Believe me, I don't."

"Then why call?" Ashe repeated her disregarded question, putting more emphasis.

"I already told you, haven't I? Or were you too deaf to hear such simple words?"

Huffing, Ashe retorted, "If you're just going to insult me through phone call, then goodbye."

Click!

Ashe released a sigh, shaking her head and brushing her hair back. That was an extremely unusual call. Maybe she shouldn't have answered it in the first place. It only added a bunch of bitter touch in her life. She didn't need it. What, with everything happening currently, especially the case concerning Katarina's reunion with her mother already at hand, Ashe didn't need any negativity.

Buzz! Buzz!

It was her again.

Much to Ashe's better judgment...

"What is it do you actually want, Sejuani?" She questioned her sibling, feeling her patience run out faster than usual. "I don't have time to start another childish squabble with you now. I have better things to do."

"Better than knowing the truth about your scandal?"

It's as if the already cold temperature of her surroundings dropped in the lowest level possible. Ashe felt like her blood became frozen in her veins.

She went to Freljord to forget, not only Katarina, but mainly all the scandal's pressure that has been breathing fire down her neck. The former had been resolved already and that she's utterly grateful for it being done and dealt with. She found herself thinking that she'd most probably be letting time pass without much thought of how precious it is if Katarina had not come after her to apologize and rekindle their relationship.

"Sejuani, from where I'm standing now," Ashe turned back to the cafe and looked towards the window, where she can see Katarina speaking with their two new companions. "The scandal is the last thing that could ever ruin everything I have."

"Don't you at least want to put the person that did this to you to their rightful place? Nowhere near the position of being the CEO of the family business?"