ACT 19

ACT 19

Two days.

It's been exactly two days ever since she had left Valoran. Regardless of the sun shining bright and open up in the sky, Freljord was still enveloped with a chill colder than the expected weather. Storing her gloved hands in her coat's pockets, Ashe proceeded out of the hotel she's currently staying at.

Instead of taking any form of transport, she chose to walk to her destination. As she walked around the city, she took notice of how much she heard the name Snowfelt from the people she passed. On her way, she discovered that a man named Avro Snowfelt is actually the mayor of Freljord and that his wife, Rosalie, is the founder of the recognized charity organization in the city.

The news about her scandal seems to not have reached Freljord. Either that, or the people here didn't care much about tales transpiring at the heart of Runeterra. This gave Ashe the opportunity to walk around without needing to hide her face from the public.

Although, she can't help but notice the fact that most of the individuals she passed would either spare her a glance or would blatantly gawk at her. It's as if they saw a ghost, or at least a person that they feel like they've seen before. Ashe did her best to ignore all of them though.

In all honesty, she has never set foot in Freljord. Right now, as her boots quietly made contact with the pavement, it all began to settle inside of her head. She's walking in the same city her mother once lived at. If she remembers correctly, Alkove's father had come to Freljord for a business trip and that's when her parents met. She now wondered if everything would have been different for her mother if Alkove had not come to Freljord in the past with his own father.

Would her mother have met a different man? If she had not went to Valoran, would she have married or stayed as a single parent still? Raised Ashe on her own like she did? They're questions no one would really know.

"Excuse me," Ashe approached an old street vendor. "Do you know where the Rakelstake Estate is located?"

She distinctly remembered her mother mentioning that she once she lived in a large house called Rakelstake Estate. When Ashe was a child, she referred to that location as her mother's castle. After all, she was a mere child that believed that big houses are identical to castles princesses reside in.

"Oh, you mean where the Snowfelts live?"

Ashe didn't really know what to add to her words, so she settled with a nod.

"Why, it's down this street, inside Gelid Subdivisions. It's the big white house. I'm quite sure you can't miss it, little miss."

Smiling and thanking the vendor, Ashe went down the given direction. The vendor was true to his word, for the moment Ashe walked into the subdivision, she instantly caught sight of a large mansion down the main street. She really couldn't miss it.

As she started nearing it, her heart's beating became more and more defined in her ears. She came to Freljord to start a new life, but somehow, despite the heartbreak she's going through, she couldn't live so freely with the possibility of her mother's own parents not knowing what has happened to their daughter. Her mother rarely told her about her grandparents, but what Ashe does know is that Avarosa truly loved her parents, even though they had disowned her when she became pregnant at a young age.

Finally, she halted her steps, stopping right in front of the estate's open yard, which is decorated with various beautiful plants and appealing bushes of flowers. In the midst of this nature, she spotted a few gardeners assisting a woman wearing a checkered handkerchief over her hair, who hummed as she gardened. Even with the head accessory perched on top of her head, the unmistakable platinum blonde hair can still be seen. The color looked utterly familiar to Ashe. It was just like her mother's.