ACT 10

ACT 10

For the first time in forever, when Katarina woke up, her whole body felt so loose and relaxed, not a single tensed muscle present to be felt. She's still lying on her stomach, most of her face snuggled up to a soft pillow that possessed the lingering scent of the owner of the bed she's on.

Katarina stayed in her position, eyes blinking. She brought a slightly fisted hand and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes before slipping it back under the pillow.

Last night, she and Ashe only had two rounds of sex, one for each other's release. Katarina honestly didn't mean to fall asleep in the middle of Ashe's massage, but the tranquility and relaxation the blue-eyed female's touch had given her was just too much for her to not succumb to her slumber.

She blankly stared at the vacant space beside her, sheets mildly crumpled and wrinkled, which indicated that Ashe had indeed slept there. Katarina abandoned her pillow and rolled towards the other one, the one that Ashe had laid her head on overnight, messily tangling the blanket around her nude body.

Almost immediately, she sighed as she took in the refreshing fragrance the plush cushion offered. Katarina smiled unconsciously, eyes drifting close as she softly inhaled.

Ashe Winters, a woman with tresses that looks as pure and white as snow itself, eyes that possess the same hue of the sky itself, skin nearly as pale as a vampire's, light pink lips that looks ever so kissable...

She is a mystery.

A beautiful enigma.

Katarina rolled again until she was lying on her back, sitting up and grabbing Ashe's pillow from its place. She placed it on her lap, stroking the pillow case with a nail.

Ashe displayed unfiltered worry last night for her, which confused her. She hadn't expected the concern, and she certainly didn't expect the tender loving care it came with. The moment confused her immensely. No ​matter how hard she tried in ignoring it, she couldn't bring herself to disregard it.

Shaking her head, she placed the pillow back and decided to vacate the bed. When she did, she noticed a complete set of clothes on the loveseat at one of the corners of the room, neatly folded and waiting to be taken by hers truly. She approached the sofa, eyes landing on the folded paper on top of the clothes.

Your breakfast is in the kitchen. Lock the apartment before you leave.
                                     - Ashe

"You're too thoughtful, Winters."

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Katarina exited the apartment's kitchen, ham and cheese sandwich in hand. She took a bite from the sandwich, chewing quietly as she walked around the living room. Her eyes distractedly darted from one​ furniture after another, taking in the minor details of the room with ease. In the end, her eyes landed on one of the tables against the wall, where framed pictures and an old ragdoll can be seen displayed.

She approached the table, her free hand reaching for one of the framed pictures. Bringing the frame up close, she curiously audited the image it encased. It showed a little girl and a boy, probably in the ages of six or seven, smiling as they played with a bunch of old toys laid out in front of them. Katarina didn't need to guess who the girl is. The hair color gave the identity away so easily.

She placed it back down and took the picture next to it. This one showed Ashe, who's probably in the age of eight when the photo was taken, in the arms of a woman that clearly looks to be her mother. The only difference they have is the eye and hair color. Other than those two, Ashe is practically the spitting image of her mother.