ACT 12

ACT 12

The light chime of the blue smartphone filled the quiet room, the gadget's screen lighting up and flashing the current time of the day. A low creak emitted from the bed in the middle of the room as its occupant opened her eyes and stretched over the sheets, rubbing her eyes afterwards.

Once most of her sleep was banished, Ashe reached for her phone and turned the alarm off. After doing so, she sat up and looked around the room. Her gaze ended up focusing on one of the corners of the room, where worn-out but clean rubber playmats for children can be seen. Her eyes then trailed to the old dollhouse at one side of the mats, the miniature houses placed against the wall and looking neatly kept.

It's been a long while ever since she sat on those mats and played with her childhood toys, the very memory of it making her smile a bit.

Buzz! Buzz!

Head snapping downward, she brought her cellphone up near her face and checked the reason of the vibration. She quirked an eyebrow at the message she received and opened.

Katarina: Why didn't you come home?

'How does she know?' She asked herself, eyebrows knitting slightly in confusion.

Ashe: How do you know I didn't come back to my apartment?

Instead of receiving a reply to her own response, a call suddenly came in, which belongs to the redhead she was just exchanging text messages with.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" Came Katarina's growl-like question. Despite the supposedly threatening tone, Ashe still heard the hints of worry lacing the caller's words.

"Does it matter?" She asked oh so casually as she got off the bed, heading towards the small bathroom.

Katarina snarled in irritation, annoyed at Ashe's insouciant way of speaking. "Damn it, Ashe. Where are you?"

"You wouldn't want to know, believe me."

Ashe ended the call and put it in silent, tossing the little gizmo on the bed before slipping inside the bathroom to take a shower.

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Katarina held herself back from screaming in frustration as she stomped out of the elevator, pulling on her hair a bit before just tossing her red tresses back and away from her face.

Last night, after she and Lissandra spoke for a short while, she literally camped outside Ashe's apartment. She waited for her sex partner the whole night until she just fell asleep on her own, back against the locked door, which is the main reason why she's sporting a backache right now.

"Not even single text message... Who does she think she is? She didn't even call or whatever..." She grumbled, exiting the the apartment and pulling her cellphone back out of her pocket. With just a few taps, she placed the gadget against her ear and waited for the person she's calling to pick up.

.....!

"Katarina?"

"Tal, are you still at work?"

"About to exit my office, why?"

"I need a favor."

Her brother sighed. "I'm turning my computer back on. What do you need?"

"I want you to give me the current location of the person I called before you."

"This better be important, Katarina."