ACT 16

ACT 16

The sigh that impended to leave the female Winters was nearly acted out due to the fact that her father's concerned words for her isn't showing any hints of ceasing any time soon. Ashe could only shake her head at her father's questions about Katarina.

"Father, please." Ashe started, finally cutting her father's rant-like questions. "She can take care of me."

"Take care of you?" Her father asked, voice full of doubt and disbelief. "Are you entirely certain of that?"

"Yes." Came her nearly flat-toned answer.

"Ashe," Her father sighed. "I'm just worried for you."

Ashe had to hold back her own sigh again. The whole situation was finally dawning to her father. Yes, he might not be raving about it like the typical character expected in this type of story, but it's in his nature to do such thing. Deep inside her, she's actually more than just a tad bit happy that her father has become so troubled for her. It showed how much her paternal parent cares for her. More than she expected, that's for sure.

"I just want you to trust her, father. Trust her like how I do."

Her words seemed to have calmed the man, who gave her a look that showed that he has finally surrendered and conceded in their little debate. He nodded, taking her hands and planting a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"I trust your judgment, my dear. If you trust this woman, then I have no choice but to accept it. After all," He smiled slightly. "This is your life, not mine. It's certainly not mine to control."

She smiled back. It may not have reached her eyes, but it was enough to serve as a reply.

"It's becoming late." Her father mentioned, clearing his throat as he broke their gaze. "Are you sure you don't prefer staying here? Maybe at least for the night?"

"Can you endure the fact that I'll be sharing my bedroom with Katarina?"

"Of course." Her father replied in an instant. "She can sleep on one of the couch...-"

"On my bed, father." Ashe clarified. "She'll be in bed with me."

"Why do you make matters even more difficult for your father, hmm?"

Ashe let out a quiet chuckle. "Father, you have to come to terms that I'm a grown woman, and that I will make decision that you may or may not approve."

"And your decision is to come with her back to her abode?"

Since her father has said it all, Ashe settled in simply nodding at her father. Another sigh reached her ears, but it wasn't as troubled as the previous one. When her father stood up and smoothened the front of his mildly wrinkled top, she copied his former action and left the couch as well.

"Well then," Alkove cleared his throat. "It seems to me that the only action I can do now is escort you back to your... partner."

The struggle her father's encountering nearly made the whole situation comical for Ashe. Entertaining, even, but still, she placed a comforting hand over her father's shoulder. She just couldn't help but feel amused, since Alkove can't even refer to Katarina with a much specific label.

"I appreciate it, father."

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Katarina tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, her nerves preventing her from relaxing herself. There are two things that can happen any moment now. Either Ashe exits the house and boards her car again, or a house staff replaces the said female's presence by asking her to leave the property.