Just Another Day With You

Começar do início

"I'd never cheat on you baby girl." I heard her say, my smile growing brighter.

"I know!" I chirped, fixing the bobbin into the slot. 

"Whatcha doin'?" She asked, walking over to me slowly.

"I'm gonna make my mom a dress!"

"Oh gosh, good luck!" Aquaria placed her hands around my waist and pressed her nose into the back of my neck. "Cuz making dresses are hard," She mumbled.

"I know, but I will try really hard and make sure it looks beautiful and perfect." I finally finished setting it up and I smiled proudly. "I remember my mother teaching me to sow and stuff, I was probably only a kid when I started. My mother was really good and she made most of my clothes because sometimes she couldn't afford some clothes for me. But I loved them! And I still have them today!" I rambled, but stopped myself, Aquaria was giggling to herself whilst roaming her hands up and down my body.

"Aqua!" I groaned, turning around and scrunching my nose. I folded my arms and saw her sinister expression. "You weren't even listening!" I pouted and closed my eyes, holding my chin up in a sassy-manner.

"I'm sorry!" She smiled with guilt and I sat down on the chair and put my foot on the pedal. 

"It's fine! Can you pass me those fabrics over there?" I asked, hearing her hum in agreement. I stood up and grabbed my little notebook that was on a little shelf that came with a super little pen, may I also mention my mother got it for me, like most of my possessions. I sat back down and saw the fabrics fall onto the table with a thud. I smiled to myself, opening the notebook and turning to a clean page.

"Can I help?" She asked softly, I nodded, slowly beginning to draw a figure that resembled my mother's. It was slim but well built, big chest and a soft gentle face. I smiled to myself, getting lost in the actual details of the body instead of the actual dress. "How?" She interrupted, making me lose focus.

"Uhm--you can arrange the fabrics or something," I said hurriedly, biting on the top of the pen in concentration. She did so, leaving me to finally think of how I could make this the best dress ever. I thought, maybe a long dress? A dark blue? I looked up at the selection of fabrics and saw I had a lot of dark blue colours. I smiled and noted that down. What about the dark blue sequins? Or glitter? 

"Cracker," I heard Aquaria say meekly, she had finished already? "I hear your mother walking around upstairs!"

"It's okay! It's not really meant to be a surprise!" I looked up and saw her sweet smile. I quickly looked back down and wrote some more notes, trying to avoid being distracted, but I failed; I looked back up and she was resting her head on her arm, still smiling and her eyes still glossy and full of that love she never fails to show, it was like she was telepathically passing her love towards me. I swallowed and she laughed.

"What?"

"Um... N-nothing-" I pulled on my skirt nervously and shuffled in my chair. I forced my brain to think harder--how could I make this an amazing dress, I don't want to upset my mother by making a terrible one and she thinks I didn't try hard enough. I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that just blue and a sequin pattern would be perfect! I began to draw the dress, thinking of doing a non-sleeved one--perfect. I knew she loved a low trimmed neckline that showed her chest slightly, I never knew why but I suppose it is the feeling of freedom. I heard Aquaria move her chair closer to me, so she could see my drawing. She pet her hair that was loose around her shoulders and face, her eyes full of wonder and astonishment. She blinked often, turning her head slightly and a quick smile struck across her glossy lips. I stared at her, simply with admiration.