Part 32

Declan relaxed back in his seat, telling Mark. "Have a seat Mark. You should be in on this too. After all, it was your Sub's idea". Mark turned worried eyes on Jack, but slowly sank into a chair. Jack was starting to feel light headed. He couldn't help second guessing himself. Had what he said to Declan been good or bad? Jack slid into a chair beside Mark as Kate asked Declan curiously. "I take it that this plan had something to do with me"? Declan's emerald eyes flicked over to her, answering casually. "In part, yes. How well would you say that you train Sub's"? Kate huffed sarcastically, crossing her arms under her chest as she shot back. "I don't just train Subs. I have trained a few Masters too. Hell, you are sitting in here with one". Declan pointed to Mark and Kate nodded. Jack inhaled sharply. Declan was confirming what he had told him. Was this good or bad? 

Mark rested an arm on the table, saying curiously. "I don't understand. What is going on"? Declan leaned his arms on the table, staring at Mark now as he asked bluntly. "Do you not see my concern with this"? Kate dropped her feet from the table with a loud 'thud', snapping out to Declan. "Are you calling in to question my teaching ability, Comrade"?! Declan's eyes darted back to Kate, his voice becoming colder as he stated. "Hose down. You're missing the point, but yes. I am". Kate slowly rose from her chair, slamming her hands down on the table. Declan didn't even flinch. He simply stared her down, calmly saying. "Save your tough theatrics. I don't have time for your posturing". Kate's nails dug into the table as she sneered back through clenched teeth. "I have taught more dogs than you have owned! I guarantee it! If you want me to prove it, than I can call in a few right now. Both Master and Sub! I won't let you fire me, because you think I'm a threat to your-". Declan put his fingers into his mouth and let out a loud whistle to silence her.

Kate groaned, tilting her head at the high pitch. Jack and Mark flinched as well. In a small space like this, the whistle was almost deafening. Declan removed his fingers, inhaling slowly before he told her in a calm professional tone of voice. "I have no intention of firing you, Mistress Kate. I've seen your work with the Subs. In fact, Ben has become quite a stunning example of your training. However, I am questioning your training of Masters. I find it... lacking". Kate's eyes rose to meet his with a dark expression. Jack watched her arms flex with agitation. In a bitter voice she growled out. "Shall I give you a refresher course"? Declan smirked, semi-leaning over the desk to touch one of her long ponytails that hung down her shoulder. Kate didn't move, but her eyes watched his hand like a hawk. Declan ran his fingers through her hair, then whispered a bit darkly. "You only had one Master your whole life. What could you teach to a dog that has known several"? Kate was so focused on Declan's hand that she didn't see his other hand move in.

Declan's hand shot up and tapped her cheek a bit playfully. Jack wasn't sure how to feel about that. Kate flinched from the contact, but after a moment let out a warm chuckle. Mark placed a hand on Jack's, seeing his distress. Declan had hit her. It was a light tap at most, but he still hit her. Kate slowly sank back down into her seat, continuing to smile as she said to Declan. "Alright, you got my attention. Continue". Declan's smirk brightened a bit, before telling them in that same professional tone. "Training a Submissive comes with its own hardships. It's a lot of work. In the years that this academy has existed... Not once has it really changed. We are still haunted by the history this academy has. No owner has dared to change it. I myself had planned to demolish the place". Both Kate and Mark stiffened with worry. To Jack's surprise, Mark was the first to speak out. "You can't do that! This academy has painful memories, but it has its good ones too".

Kate added in too with a quivering voice. "Many of the Masters and Subs met at this academy. You can't just break it down". Declan raised his hand to stop them, grumbling out. "I said 'had planned'. Past tense people. Despite what you think of me... This academy has memories for me too. Which is why I am taking Jack's advise for the future of this academy". All eyes turned to Jack and he swallowed nervously. Declan quickly drew their attention back, adding in simply. "We were all taught that we couldn't be Masters, until we lived as Subs first. While I still hold true to that statement. It was brought to my attention that this academy has never trained Subs how to transition from Sub to Master". Mark shrugged, commenting out lightly. "That has always been the Master's job to transition them when they were ready". Declan almost immediately shot back. "Ya. Did Orson teach you how to become a Master, Mark? No. Kate taught you. I was taught to be a Master by Orson's mother... I can tell you right now, that I have never used, nor would I teach Subs any of that. Yet, here we sit in defiance of our old Masters".