His eyes never left mine as he sat down.

I looked at him too and he didn't flinch or blink.

Is this a staring competition? How old is he? 8 years old?

" Actually I'm 28 but that's not why I'm here." He said giving me a small smile

Oops! I said that out loud. Stupid Ari!

" Aren't you going to say something? You always have a retort but you're unusually silent today."

Get the hint! I'm not in the mood so just leave !

Your amazing scent is filling my nostrils so just go!

" What do you need Mr. DeMorgane?" I asked after inhaling a long breath.

" Your still supposed to see me before you come to your office. Why didn't you?" He said losing the small smile that played on his lips.

"Can I help you sir?" I said ignoring his previous statement.

" We're leaving for Italy in two days." He deadpanned.

"What do you mean we are leaving for Italy in two days?" I almost yelled. Okay I yelled.

"Oh so now you're talking? And can you stop yelling? You're distracting my employees!" He countered back angrily.

" I can't." I told him more quietly.

"Why not?" He asked with his eyebrows scrunched up to form a frown on his pretty face .

Not now Ari.

"Because I just can't . You cannot just come in here and tell me we're going somewhere in two days without even asking if I had plans or not." I told him raising my eyebrow in annoyance.

The nerve of this guy!

Also, I can't leave Tammy. She needs my help. I won't ditch my sister for some stupid business trip.

" Well do you?" I could clearly see how angry and impatient he was getting with this conversation.

" Yes, I do." I said with a straight face.

Really? You do? Do they include sleeping all day and watching 2 broke girls?

Shut up.

" With?" He continued

"Um, with- with my boyfriend. We're celebrating our anniversary so I can't go." I said trying to look as honest as possible.

Why the hell did you say that? You're supposed to seduce him not send him away!

Omg I know that! It just came out!

" Cancel them." He said looking even angrier if that was possible.

" Excuse me? I won't do that! Go to Italy alone or take your girlfriend with you." I said standing up from my seat and looking at him.

He stood up too and towered over me and I moved back a little. His nose flared and he took my chin in his hands and looked me in the eyes .

" Listen to me Ariane. My patience is a very thin line right now and you won't like it if I lose it! I'm not asking you , I'm informing you so that you get your bags ready before then. You always seem to forget who's the boss here. I make the rules and you have to follow them." He said in a dangerously low voice that sent shivers down my spine. His minty breath was fanning my face as he kept on talking to me and wouldn't say I didn't like it.

I reluctantly pulled my face away and looked at him straight in the face. " Rules are meant to be broken Mr DeMorgane and this is one I'm not obeying." I said defiantly.