"Oh Ashton." Luke breathed and Ashton burst out crying.

"I'm sorry Luke! Please dont laugh at me!" He struggled to put the glasses back on but Luke grabbed his hands gently.

"No, please don't cover them back up!" Luke pleaded. "They're so beautiful, I never want to stop looking at them."

Ashton sniffed and stared past him. "What color are they?"

Luke leaned in closer. "I can't tell...hazel?  Green? Maybe brown. Doesnt matter, they are perfect to me."

"Really?" Ashton asked in a whisper. "You really think my ugly eyes are perfect?"

Luke smiled. "I think your beautiful eyes are stunning." Ashton smiled at the ground.

"Can I walk you home Ashton?" Luke asked. Ashton nodded and grabbed his arm again.

Luke held Ashton's sunglasses while they followed the sidewalk home.

"My mom said to just follow the sidewalk until I hear cars. Thats the road. I turn left at the road and follow the sidewalk ten steps. My house is right there." Ashton explained.

"Then you lead me." Luke smiled, taking Ashton's hand instead and letting the blind boy walk in front of him.

"Oh...okay." Ashton said, and carefully started walking down the sidewalk, counting to ten softly.

"Hey Luke?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah?"

"What color are your eyes?"

"Blue."

"Blue like the sky or blue like the ocean?"

Luke thought. "Oh...I don't know. What do you like better, the sky or the ocean?"

Ashton thought too. "Um, the ocean I guess."

"Then they are blue like the ocean." Luke smiled.

Ashton stopped suddenly. "We're here." He turned to face Luke, blushing secretly in the dark. "Um, do you want to come in?"

"Sure!"

Ashton led him inside, where his mom was instantly all over him.

"Ashton! There you are! We were so worried, you were late! You weren't wearing headphones right? You know you can't hear the road if you wear those."

Ashton struggled out of her hug. "It's okay mom, I was just playing with Luke, he walked me home."

Luke waved and she smiled at him. "Thank you, you're welcome over anytime you want."

Luke smiled, and since then, Ashton and Luke became inseperable.

*Present Day*

Ashton held his hand out after class and waited for Luke to take it. Luke smiled up at Ashton and gave him a kiss on the cheek, taking his boyfriends hand.

Ashton jumped at the kiss. "Luke!" He laughed as Luke led him to his locker. "You scared me!"

"Aw I'm sorry boo." Luke laughed and opened Ashton's locker for him. "Hey, I have football practice today, so you can walk yourself home right? I'll come by after practice and we can hang out."

Ashton reached for his backpack and Luke handed it to him. "I've walked myself home before you know, I'm not helpless."

"I know you're not, but I still want you to be safe." Luke said, smiling and leaning in to press a soft kiss to Ashton's forehead. "I love you."

Ashton smiled and reached his hand up to feel Luke's face. He found a piece of hair and brushed it back. "I know, I love you too. I'll see you later."