21

Normani rocked her cranky daughter to sleep after not having a nap all day. It took no longer than 10 minutes to get her to go to sleep, so Normani just softly rocked her for a few more minutes before putting her down in her crib.

She kissed the baby's smooth cheek while whispering, "Goodnight, V. Mommy loves you." before she turned off the room's light making sure the lamp was on, and then leaving the room and heading upstairs.

She gathered the things she would need for bed and a shower once she reached her room. She rolled her eyes at the blonde who was currently singing–quite loudly–in the shower.

You got me boo'd up, boo'd up
Boo'd up, boo'd up
Pull me by the waist, baby pull me closerrr

It was annoying hearing her sing that song. Hearing her sing those same three lines because she didn't know the rest of the lyrics. It was annoying hearing her sing so well. It was annoying hearing her voice at all.

Dinah was just annoying the hell out of her tonight and Normani let it be known to the blonde once she came into the room, slightly wet and wrapped in her towel. She stood in the middle of the room smiling at her beautiful girlfriend, waiting for her to turn towards her.
She made sure she was smiling goofily at Normani before leaning in to peck her smooth cheek.

Only to frown when she got a scoff and a shove to move her out of the way in return. Dinah looked on at Normani and watched her walk into the bathroom to take her shower. She shook her head and sighed.

How could she still be mad at her? She didn't even say anything wrong? Or did she? She didn't think she said anything wrong, but if she did, she knew she had to figure it out soon and apologize to the older woman before they got in the bed together. If Normani would even let her sleep with her.

Dinah took a few minutes to think hard about today's events, while getting dressed in her night clothes which consisted of a comfy sports bra and, bare feet and nike shorts. She wondered how their day started off so well with morning sex, and then later spiraling downhill into an argument that earned her the silent treatment. She came to the conclusion that Normani might have taken it the wrong way when she asked if she was sure about going to work so soon. She didn't know why it was such a soft spot for her girlfriend, but she knew that she had to apologize.

So, watching as the older woman emerged from the bathroom already in her pj's, Dinah took a deep breath before exhaling as a way to prepare herself for what was to come.

"Mani?" Dinah's voice came out soft, resembling a child nervously asking an adult–specifically a parent–for something they already knew the answer to, no. "Can we talk?"

Normani didn't make eye contact and she didn't even respond. She just checked the time on her phone, making sure it was plugged up, before moving towards the bed and peeling the cover back so she could get in.

Dinah sighed and stood up, making her way over to her side of the bed. She left the light on because it gave her some sort of comfort at the moment. She was never really scared of the dark as a child, and she's not afraid now, but she felt safe leaving the light on tonight.

"Normani, I'm sorry for making it seem like-" she stopped herself and sighed frustratedly. That wasn't the way to apologize to someone. "I'm sorry for acting like I didn't want you to go back to work. I admit that I did have some second thoughts about letting you work again, but I realized how much you love your job and how hard you worked to get it. I also remembered that it's not my decision to make. And I'm sorry again." She finished, meaning everything sincerely and from the bottom of her heart.