9

Dinah's pov

Here we are, five days later in the doctor's office. I was awkwardly waiting for the doctor to break the silence so Mama Drea could stop burning holes in the side of my face, and my mom can stop glaring at the other side.

I can tell they were blaming me for this possible pregnancy. I honestly dont blame them because I know that I've slipped up a few times during sex. I didn't admit it at first, but I remember a few times where the condom broke but I continued to make love to my beautiful girlfriend because ...the sex was honestly too good.

"Alright!..." Dr.Henry broke the silence, thank God.
"It's true, Mrs. Hamilton your daughter is 4 weeks pregnant."

Mama Drea scoffed and shook her head at us. Normani just looked down and I felt guilt rush through me because I can tell that she blames herself. I know that she is disappointed in herself because her family isn't happy about this. Well her mother isn't.

"I knew this would happen", my mother hissed in my ear. "Now you have to fix this, so what are you going to do?"

I ignored my mother because this was something that Normani and I had to discuss. I'm not so sure if I would like to keep the baby at the moment and I don't know how Manz feels about this.

"Normani, you've been pregnant for four weeks...how have you not had any symptoms until a few days ago?" Andrea asked. "Unless you've known and just didn't tell us..?"

I gulped as I felt her scary brown eyes back on me. I turned my head to meet her gaze before turning back to Normani.

"We didn't know until last week mom, I promise." Normani said, her voice was so weak. I just wanted to jump up out of this chair, and pull my baby into my arms and comfort her.

"It's normal to experience pregnancy symptoms late, Mrs. Hamilton. ", Dr. Henry spoke up. "I will ask that you bring your daughter back next month around the same time for her second month checkup. It is important that she stays hydrated and that she exercises as much as she can now before she starts showing."

"Yes, I know how this works Doctor." Mama Drea said with an attitude. I saw Normani frown at this but I just waited for the doctor to continue, I didn't wanna miss anything important.

"Of course, Mrs. Hamilton, but your daughter is very unique compared to other young pregnant women. And before you ask what that means...", he said to me, noticing the look on my face. "It means that she may be able to do somethings that other pregnant women can't do until a certain time period. And it also means that she may not be able to do simple things that normal patients can."

I just nodded before he went on to explain some things that I needed to take care of while we were at home, until our next visit.

As I read along with him through the list that he made for us, I began to realise that this was really happening and that things were going to change. I needed to grow up...and I needed to fix things.

"Now with that being said, are you girls planning on keeping the baby?" The doctor asks Normani and I.

Normani just looked at me with her big brown worried eyes, waiting for me to answer. This was something that we both needed to be included in. So I said, "We'll think about it and get back to you next month"

He nodded and smiled before washing his hands, greeting us before walking out of the room.

I let out a long and stressful sigh before getting up to help Normani put her clothes on.

"She's not that big yet, Dinah. She can put on her own clothes." My mother said to me from behind. And by the look on Mama Drea's face, I can tell that Normani was going to get an earful about my mother and I later on.