12

1 week later

Dinah's pov

I wake up to the feel of Normani's lips all over my face, smothering me with sweet kisses. Just as I open my eyes, I am met with her beautiful chocolate ones, staring at me with nothing but love and happiness.

I don't know what made her so happy this morning, but seeing her smile made me smile as well - which only made the naked woman on top of me smile even harder.

She leaned down to peck my lips once more before lifting herself off of me. I laid in bed and watched as she stepped into a pair of panties and slipped on one of my shirts, which she always looked adorable in because they were a few sizes too big.

My beautiful girlfriend then turned to face me, a small grin on her face. I admired her beauty as she moves some hair out of her face and behind her ear. "Goodmorning."

"Morning, baby." She responded in her soft little voice that made me swoon everytime. I was pretty sure that it wasn't her intention to make me lose focus just by saying such simple words in such a voice that I knew as hypnotic. Somehow, she always did exactly that. "Baby?" She asked, bringing me back down to earth.

"Yeah?" I said in my raspy morning voice.

"We have to start getting ready. It's already nine..." Normani informed me.

I nodded and peeled the cover back from shielding my naked body from the cold air. I stood up and stretched. My muscles were still sore from the events that took place last night.

Once Normani saw that I was putting on my underwear, she walked into the bathroom and started the shower.

I soon joined her once I was finished picking out my outfit for the day.

Today, Normani and I have our 3 month check up with the obstetrician. After that, we would come home, but not to an empty house.

Hoko and Zendaya were coming over later. As far as I know, they had been talking on a different level, other than friendship for about two weeks now. But knowing Hoko, she'll mess it up by doing something stupid and they aren't even together yet.

I wasn't really in the mood to spend my off day with anyone other than Normani, but they're family and I havent seen them in a while. Hopefully they don't make me change my mind. As long as they don't piss me or Mani off, we'll be fine.

But judging by the way I woke up this morning....today was going to be a great day.

********
Omniscient

"Ms.Hamilton, you are very much healthy, and the same good news for the baby as well." Dr. Henry started off. "There were no complications with nutrition, blood pressure increase or any signs of dehydration, so that's good news."

Dinah nodded and glanced at her girlfriend, their hands interlaced for comfort just in case there was bad news.

"As you know... the baby isn't developed enough for us to tell the gender just yet, but the time is coming soon. Soon being in just 9 weeks." He finished, looking between the two women with a smile that Dinah found slightly creepy. She always saw Dr. Henry as a weird man because of the way he would act or talk, but Normani assured her that he was just being polite and he was trained to speak this way because of his job.

"That's good. I'm excited!" Normani grinned widely while looking at the ultrasound on the monitor. It was very exciting because that would be a huge step. That's when they would finally know what clothes to buy for their unborn child.

What colors to choose from, what toys to buy, what names to assign the fetus.

Of course Normani was exited, she couldn't wait until these 9 weeks went by within the snap of a finger.

"Yes it is, but I just need to make sure that you stay healthy during these next few weeks. It's harder to tell when you can't really see your baby bump since your figure is rare. That's why Dinah needs to stay on top of things at home and I need you both to keep in contact with me just in case something goes wrong. Alright?" He asked while cleaning Normani's stomach and turning off the machine.

He took off his gloves and handed them the pictures before washing his hands.

They both nodded and soon said their goodbyes to the obstetrician for the month.

********

"Dinah can you bring me some yogurt?!" Normani shouted from upstairs. She never liked yogurt...like ever in her whole entire life, but she was suddenly craving it. Maybe it was because she knew that Zendaya brought some earlier.

Dinah sighed pausing the game, about to get up before Hoko stopped her. "Just have Z bring it to her. We're busy." The smaller woman suggested.

Dinah looked over to the tall woman on her phone. "Hey Z?"

Zendaya looked up from her phone, she subconsciously grinned at the woman standing in front of her. "Yeah?"

"Could you do me a small favor?" Dinah asked, nervously scratching her neck. She didn't wanna ask the guests to do anything for her because it was rude, but she was too lazy to go all the way upstairs....and she was busy like Hoko said.

Zendaya quickly nodded and stood up. "Sure! What do ya need?" She asked, sliding her phone into her back pocket.

"Um, could you give Normani some yogurt? I mean...if you're generous enough to share with her that is."

Zendaya chuckled at the younger girl. She placed her hand on her forearm, quickly agreeing. "No problem." She said before walking into the kitchen and grabbing the small treat.

Dinah watched as the taller woman walked up the stairs to her girlfriend. "Cool" she shrugged, not too interested. She sat down next to her cousin and resumed their game.

Meanwhile, Normani laid on the bed with the with no sheets or cover. She had on a sports bra and some sweatpants, but they were rolled up. She was a little warmer than usual so she placed the fan on the bedside to cool her down a bit.

She rolled her eyes, opening her mouth about to shout Dinah's name again since it seemed like she didn't hear her the first time. Then she heard a knock on the door and furrowed her eyebrows. Dinah knew she didnt have to knock, so she instantly knew that it wasn't Dinah.

"Come in!" The brunette said hesitantly. She waited for a few seconds before her door slowly opened. In came Zendaya with the cool snack in one hand, and a silver spoon in the other.

Normani sat up on the bed and turned off the tv, focusing on the caramel skinned woman. She watched as she awkwardly stood at the foot of the bed, trying not to look at Normani.

Zendaya cleared her throat and shifted her weight from one foot to the other. She didn't think about how awkward this would be when she agreed to doing the favor for Dinah. "Um, Dinah asked me to bring this to you."

Normani got up and walked over to the woman and took the items out of her hand."Thank you. I was really craving this, ya know, with it being so hot....and me having pregnancy cravings. I hate yogurt though." Normani smiled uncomfortably, trying to make conversation.

"It's not that warm, but yeah I understand. Its no problem I bought lots of yogurt so...." Zendaya responded, the first part lowly.

Normani averted her eyes to the floor and they stood in silence.

"...Yeah, I'll just leave now." She said before walking towards the door.

Normani nodded with pursed lips and turned around to take a seat on the bed. She was about to dig into the snack when she heard Zendaya's voice again.

"Actually...can I talk you about something?" She asked.

Normani looked up at the woman and sighed, putting her yogurt down. "Sure, come in."

Zendaya smiled softly and quickly sat down in front of Normani on the bed. " I wanna ask you a few things about Dinah..."

Normani frowned but stayed quiet to see where this was going.

********

Damn, what is Z up to?👀

Sorry for the errors😪