10

I just wanna say that y'all are hilarious 😂
__

Normani's pov

I was anxiously waiting for Dinah to come back inside. My father was orreacting and forced her outside to do only god and himself knows what. That was over 30 minutes ago, and my girlfriend still hasn't come back inside yet.

"Normani", my mother interrupted my thoughts as she came to stand by my side. "How could you let this happen? We had plenty of talks about this. I taught you how to prevent something like this from happening."

I rolled my eyes at her words. I know what I'm doing, I'm almost 22...I know how to have protected sex and that's what Dinah and I have been doing.

Except maybe once which lead to this situation right now.

"You and daddy are orreacting. I wish everyone would stop acting like the world is coming to an end because I'm pregnant. It was bound to happen anyways!" I exclaimed at her before stomping out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Just as I was about to knock on the glass door, my grandmother stopped me.

"Normani, baby...come here I wanna talk with you." She motioned me over to sit next to her on the sofa.

I glanced over to the door to see that Dinah was already looking at me while my dad stood in front of her. Of course he was talking her head off about nothing important at all.

I sighed and turned around to sit by my grandmother.

"Hey baby", She said sweetly before resting her hand on top of mine. "Rough day huh?"

I nodded and looked over to the door again, checking on Dinah. Only this time the both of them were gone. Hopefully to come back into the house and my father isn't making my girlfriend get in the car with him to take her to that dirt field.

It's something he always did to my ex boyfriends as a scare tactic when he found out that we broke up. Even if it was my fault, he always blamed them and made them apologize after torturing them at the dirt field.

"I'm not sure if I told you this story already...then again I had no reason to before but now...", my grandmother trailed off. "I can tell you the story about how my mother found out I was pregnant with your mother."

After she gave me a small smile, I immediately gave her one back, just because she genuinely made me happy. She didn't have to say to much to make me smile, it's always been this way and I greatly appreciate her for that.

"I was about 18 or 19 when I found out. Your grandfather and I kept it a secret from everyone for as long as we could, which was a couple of months until about 3 months later, our parents saw my round belly", she chuckled at the memory.

"How were you able to hide it for so long?" I asked curiously.

She just shook her head, looking down at the picture of my grandfather on the coffee table in front of us. A sad smile formed on her face, I could tell she misses him. I miss him.

"I was small back then, much like you" she said looking at my stomach, causing me to do the same. " so I didn't begin to show until I was 4 months pregnant. Your grandfather bought be bigger clothes and sweaters to wear over my growing belly."

It grew silent as we sat together looking at the photo of my grandfather. He looked young in this picture. He looked happy, like he wasn't sick at all.

"He was so sweet, he always brought me the weird foods that I was craving, brought me flowers every once in a while." She stopped talking to laugh mildly." I remember when he would even sneak out of the house to come comfort me at night when your mother wouldn't stop kicking my uterus."