20

Normani rolled her eyes as she felt Dinah place multiple kisses against her shoulders from behind. She couldn't help but giggle though.

"Dinah, your mom is waiting on us and you still don't have your shirt on yet." Normani complained.

The blonde only smirked looking down at her exposed stomach, and then back up to Normani's exposed shoulders.

The older woman was wearing a nice crop top shirt that fell off of her shoulders leaving them exposed, matching with a simple pair of blue jeans.

Dinah on the other hand was wearing her sports bra and a pair of blue jeans herself.

"If you don't stop acting like a horny rabbit, I'll have you sleep in Victoria's room, or on the couch." Normani warned her girlfriend as she turned around to face her. "Now go finish getting dressed."

Dinah only stood there in her place, towering over the dark skinned woman with a cocky grin on her face. "I don't believe you'd do that to yourself. We both know that we can't resist each other." She said while stepping even closer to invade Normani's personal space. She licked her lips before saying, "You made me like this."

Normani scoffed at the cocky tone that came from the blonde. She opened her mouth to shoot something in disagreement back at her, but nothing came out and she just watched Dinah walk away.

The older woman crossed her arms and let a frown take over her face. She hated losing...especially when Dinah made her lose because the younger girl always brung it up later on to remind Normani of her defeat.

*****

Milika stood in the doorway with her hand on her hip and a disappointed look on her face as she watched her daughter and her girlfriend get out of the car.

Normani got everything situated in the backseat for Victoria for when she came out. Dinah walked up the stairs to greet her mother.

"Hey mama." She said while trying to give her mother a hug, but Milika mushed her face away and glared at her for a long second before turning around and entering her home.

Normani saw the interaction and giggled.

"It's not funny." Dinah mumbled before following her mother inside.

Once the blonde was inside the living room, she saw her daughter on the floor, laying face down on the blanket. Dinah furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and she could feel herself get angrier by the second. "Why is my daughter on the floor?"

Normani then arrived at her side, and it was now her turn to take in the scene. She wasn't angry though because she knew why her daughter was in that position on the floor.

"My granddaughter is almost four months and she will be crawling soon, so I figured that I'd begin doing tummy time with her." Milika answered her daughter's question.

Dinah immediately rushed over to Victoria and  scooped her up into her arms. "What the heck is tummy time? And what does crawling have to with–" Dinah then cut her own words off as she realized what this was. "I see."

"Exactly, now shut up." Her mother said harshly. She would've slapped the back of her head, but she had Victoria in her arms.

"The doctor told us to wait until our next appointment to discuss tummy time and stuff." Normani spoke up. "But I guess we can start her off slow anyways."

"A mother knows best." Milika said as she gave herself props for the idea. "And that's why y'all need to hurry up and get to that meeting before y'all miss the whole thing."

"We're already an hour late. We might as well reschedule." Dinah suggested while smiling at the 3 and half month old baby who was happily playing with her fingers.

Normani shook her head in disagreement."I don't know. What if he doesn't want to see us anymore? Then what?"

"It doesn't matter as long as you try. That means that you go to that meeting and try to get in and if that doesn't work...find another day care. It's that simple." Dinah's mother spoke up as she sat down on the couch with the remote in her hand, ready to relax for the rest of the day.

"Let's go then." Dinah said as she switched the baby from one hip to the other and grabbed her car seat. She began walking towards the front door while motioning towards Normani to grab the rest of the baby's belongings.

"See you later Mamalika." Normani said as she and Milika waved goodbye to one another.

******

"And this must be the precious Victoria that I've heard so much about." Paul, the man who was in charge of signing babies up for the daycare, said in a high pitched voice as he cooed at the baby.

Victoria laughed and drooled on her fist in response.

"Yes it is." Normani confirmed while looking down at her daughter in her lap.

"When is her birthday?" Paul asked, pen in hand ready to write down the information so that he could put it into the system later.

"August 24th." Dinah answered with ease.

Paul nodded and continued to write down some stuff on the application form. "What are your work hours?"

"I work every weekday from 7am to 3pm. Normani is just now going back to work and so she works from 4am to 1pm." Dinah answered again.

"Okay, and what are your emergency contacts and relations to them?"

Normani and Dinah both listed their parents and their phone numbers.
They watched as the man wrote down something else for a few minutes before he looked up with a big smile on his face.

"Alrighty! I'll put this in the system and call Ms.Hamilton back as soon as I hear back from my boss, okay?"

"That's sounds great." Dinah said and all three of them stood up to shake each other's hands.

"It was nice meeting you all." Paul said politely. "Especially you Victoria."

"It was nice meeting you as well." Normani replied in a similar tone.

Once they were all set, Normani carried Victoria out to the car as Dinah followed behind them.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back to work, babe?" Dinah asked Normani.

Normani rolled her eyes before putting the baby in her car seat and buckling her up carefully. "We've been over this a thousand times Dinah. I'm sure." She huffed out in frustration at the woman standing behind her. "But it's starting to feel like you don't want me to go back to work."

Dinah was quiet now and she had no idea what to say or do next.

Normani stood up straight and turned around to face the blonde. She squinted her eyes at her and scanned her facial expression. There was something off about her girlfriend and she was going to figure out what it was and why.

"Is that it? You don't want me to go back to work?" Normani asked offended.

Dinah quickly shook her head and grabbed ahold of Normani's arms to calm her down. "No, it's not that."

"Yes it is! It's totally that, but why Dinah? Huh? Why don't you want me working again?" Normani continued to raise her voice and Dinah was sure she was drawing unnecessary attention to them.

"We can talk about this late baby, but for right now...let's just get in the car and go home." Dinah said calmly. Normani still wasn't having it though.

She continued to get angry and talk loudly, so Dinah had no choice but to do what she did next.

She forcefully pushed her lips into Normani's. The older woman quickly pushed her back and gave her a glare before getting in the passenger seat. The blonde sighed and ran her fingers through her hair before closing Victoria's door and getting in the drivers seat.

This was gonna be a long night, and Dinah was almost certain that she'd be on the couch.