The waiter came around and asked for their drinks, Elias got a small glass of Gin and Ambrosia had hesitantly picked three shots of tequila. 

"Tequila, really?" Elias scoffed folding his hand on the table.

Ambrosia rolled her eyes and defended herself.

"Listen, I have had 5 shots one time!"

Straight lies. Ambrosia you never tasted a drop of tequila.

Elias only smirked.

-

-

-

The waiter finally returned with the drinks and Ambrosia took a sip of her shot nervously.

Elias watched as she threw her head back and swallowed hard.

The contents went down her throat smoothly but a strong burn can right after.

Ambrosia hung her head forward trying to recover and peeked up at Elias. she let out a sharp breath and smiled in satisfaction

"Too easy."

"Only two more to go," Elias chuckled reaching over the flip a curl that had been resting on her forehead. Ambrosia let his warm finger brush against her forehead, sending a strange warmth to her cheeks.

"You know you have the cutest, nose" Elias said watching her with deep interest.

Ambrosia blinked having been caught off guard.

"Elias," Ambrosia began giving him dull look.

"What, friends can't say that about each other?" Elias asked cluelessly. 

Ambrosia laughed and slumped forward with her elbow on the table and her chin resting in her palm. 

"No-well...yes, ok it's like me saying your lips are cute, its suggestive in a-," Ambrosia attempted to explain.

Elias gasped like a child and touched his lips.

 He gave her a devilish smile.

"So you like my lips."

"Elias, can you listen, "Ambrosia laughed.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

Ambrosia gave up trying to speak any sense to the man and took another shot. She fanned herself after the second as her head started to pound with the bass of the band playing.

Ambrosia looked up at him as he took and a long sip of his Gin. It was the only time when he would look away, and when Ambrosia could secretly admire the neon red lights that illuminated his skin. 

The red outlined the length of his neck as he finished the remains of his drink. An unusual urge filled the base of Ambrosia's chest and heated up to her face. 

Although she knew every bit of it was wrong she wanted to touch his fair skin with the tips of her fingertips and feel the warmth of his red cheeks.  Even maybe brush against his red lips...

No.

This. Is. A. Friend. Thing.

Elias fixated his gaze back on her and gave one of his classic shy smiles. 

"Tell me what you want flower, and it'll be yours," Elias muttered just loud enough for her to hear.

Reminisces of memories from the party relapsed in Ambrosia mind and instead of ducking her head down and quieting down Ambrosia found herself giggling.

"What happened at the party I-"

"I enjoyed it," Elias said blankly

Ambrosia smirked and walked her hand over to his.

"Really, the guy who was all, no we shouldn't do this," Ambrosia mocked.

Elias blushed in embarrassment and looked down at her hands that were fiddling with his. Ambrosia brushed his hands with her own before going for her third round. The ground slowly started to move like soft rolling waves of the ocean, and Ambrosia couldn't make out anything the band was saying. 

Or anything else around her for that matter. But her focus was drawn to Elias and his deep voice only.

Something began vibrating on Ambrosia's leg, it was her phone.

Ambrosia got up and wobbled a bit, she glanced at Elias apologetically who sat with a shadow of a frown on his face. Ambrosia rushed to the back of the bar with chairs to assist her in a hallway where the bathrooms were.

It was none other than Dante calling her again. 

Someone's hand latched itself onto her arm and Ambrosia turned around sharply to Elias.

His pit like eyes gleamed into her with an emotion she could only word as anger.

"Please, don't call him, Ambrosia."

-

-

-