Chapter 25 - Happier times

Emily hugged me as soon as I entered the small house, the table cluttered with cookies and muffins. She ran her hands over my arms, stopping at the bruises on my wrist. Running her thumb over the dark markings, she hugged me again, tighter this time.

'I'm ok,' I breathed. 'The boys should be back soon.' 

She pulled away, letting out a breath of relief. 'I got so nervous, I went on a baking frenzy.' The scar on her left side, creased as she laughed. I squeezed her arm, taking a seat at the table. She joined me, looking at the door as the boys hollered from the driveway. As soon as Sam entered, Emily was on her feet and in his arms, squeezing the life out of him. He peppered her face with kisses as he hugged her back, just as tight.

My eyes moved to the door as the other boys walked in, instantly reaching for the food. Seth was the last to enter, leaning against the door frame as he watched me in my seat. I gave him a nervous smile, tucking my hair behind my ear. Neither of us moved. 

I eventually made the first move, walking towards his towering frame in the entryway.

'Hey,' I whispered. He didn't respond, instead taking my arm, much like Emily, and running his thumb over the bruise on my wrist. He sighed, letting his head drop to give it a sweet kiss. I took my arm out of his grip and rested my hand against his warm cheek. 'You scared me, you know.' I was still whispering, even though I knew the boys could hear and were definitely listening.

'Sorry,' he laughed, leaning into my hand.

'I prefer Seth with two legs, I've decided.' I leaned into him, resting my chest on his. He stroked my hair, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ears.

'I'm not sorry for killing him,' he said. 'I just wish you hadn't got hurt.' His eyes looked back to my wrist, his eyes darkening.

'I'm fine.' I leaned up, pressing my lips to his. He responded instantly, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me to his height. I kissed him more urgently, realising how different the outcome could have been.

'Ew. Make them stop,' Jared whined. Seth caught the muffin he threw, still kissing me. He pulled away, launching it back, hitting him in the chest.

'Well, that's just a waste.' I let Seth drag me to the table, sitting in his lap as I picked up my own muffin. I smiled as I looked around the table, realising that this was my family, I didn't have to be a werewolf to be apart of the pack; they love me regardless.

----

'Lil, come on,' Seth shouted from the bottom of my stairs. I looked into the mirror, readjusting my dress for the third time. 

I reached the bottom of the stairs, seeing Seth staring at me in awe.

'You've got a bit of drool,' I laughed. 'Right here,' I motioned to his chin. 

'I am so lucky,' he said, wrapping his hands around her waist. He captured her lips in his own, kissing her with a new found passion. She kissed him back, gripping his shirt in her hands as she pulled him closer. He ran his hands along her exposed back, leaving a tingling sensation. She ran her hands through his hair as he lifted her, pulling away to stare into her eyes. 

'We should go,' she whispered. He leaned forward again, kissing her one last time.

'The bride is going to be going crazy, making sure everything is perfect.' He laughed as they walked to her car.

'She's marrying her soulmate, everything is already perfect.' 

----

As they pulled up to the house, she could see the wolves putting up lights and rearranging flowers as Emily gave them frantic instructions. 

'Em, you need to get ready,' Lillian said, ushering her inside.

As she walked through the door, she distinctively heard Paul say, 'That'll be you and Lil one day.' 

'I can't wait,' Seth said, watching his imprint.

After an hour of fussing, Lillian was helping Emily into her dress, holding back her tears. She looked stunning, the simple lace of the dress accentuating her natural beauty.

'Emily, you look stunning.' She wiped a stray tear, watching her best friend smile at her reflection. 'Now, let's get you married to your wolf.' 

---

Lillian stood beside Emily, watching her marry the love of her life. All the wolves were here with their imprints, Leah smiling the biggest. She was happy she got her happily ever after. As she looked over the rest of the wolves, she felt overwhelmed with happiness, realising her life was finally whole. 

Her eyes met Seth's, giving him a sweet smile. He met her smile with his own, imagining his future with his imprint. He couldn't help himself. 'I love you,' he mouthed to her. Her heart swelled as she read his lips. 'I love you,' she mouthed back. 

She knew her future was happy, so long as Seth was in it.