Chapter 17 - At last

I didn't visit Sam and Emily's house that evening; I was too scared to face Seth after the public humiliation that was lunch. As I glanced out my bedroom window, I could unmistakably see the outline of two wolves in the shadows of the woods. I was comforted by the sight, knowing that the pack were protecting me.

Lying in my bed, I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. Why was my life suddenly this extended teenage drama? I wanted nothing more than to have a normal life where my biggest worry was what cereal I would eat in the morning. But I can undeniably say that meeting Seth had changed my life. I'm just still trying to figure out if it's for the better or worse.

---

I woke early the next morning, deciding to lie in bed a little longer contemplating what today would bring.

My alarm rang out as I slammed my hand down, silencing it. Ripping the covers off my body, I quickly showered and returned to my room. I pulled on my favourite pair of blue skinny jeans and large pull over jumper with my trusty Chelsea boots. I grabbed my backpack and rushed downstairs to say bye to my father before loading myself into my car.

As I pulled into the parking lot, my stomach growled at me reminding me that I had skipped breakfast. Climbing out of my car, I was met by Quil's friendly face. "Morning," he smiled.

"Hey Quil, how's things?" I asked. Before he could answer, he was flanked by Embry and Seth.

I glanced at Seth, not making eye contact and blushing a deep scarlet. Embry soon broke out into kissing noises as he pushed Seth and I together.

"Embry, you're making a scene," I seethed. The group broke out into laughter before Quil stiffened turning his face towards the forest surrounding the school.

"He's here," Quil murmured trying to act normal.

I felt my body run cold as I planted my feet into the ground. Seth reached over and grabbed my arm as he tried to walk into the school building casually.

"Seth," I breathed, gripping his hand tighter. "I don't want to be alone."

"I'm not going anywhere Lil," he reassured as he pulled me closer towards him.

"Can we please go to Sam's?" I asked, pleading with my eyes.

"We'll be safer at the Cullen's; there's more people there," he said as we trudged out of the school entrance towards my car.

---

As soon as we stepped through the Cullen's threshold, we were surrounded by numerous golden eyes.

"Are you okay?" Edward soothingly asked.

"How the hell does this guy even know who I am?" I asked, pacing towards the living area.

"He saw pictures of you in your grandparents house and then watched them for years. He got to know who you are through them," Alice explained.

"That's sick," I seethed in anger.

I felt Seth place an arm around my shoulder as he insisted I calm down. My body instantly relaxed as Seth's contact. I leaned into his shoulders as tears began to fall from my eyes. A rush of emotions fell over my body as the reality hit.

My grandparents had died because of me. It's my fault others are in harms way.

"Don't think like that," Edward said from across the room. "None of this is your fault."

"If anything happens to any of you, I would never forgive myself. I'm scared Seth," I said as I turned my attention to Seth's worried face.

Seth suddenly pulled me out of my seat and dragged me into the Cullen's back garden.

"Just breathe Lillian," he soothed, pulling me into a tight hug.

My tears ceased as I pulled away from Seth's embrace and wiped the remaining tears from my cheeks.

"It's ok to be scared," Seth whispered as he stepped towards me. He hesitantly reached a hand out, cupping my cheek in his hand. His other arm made its way around my waist pulling me flush again his chest.

I could see his jaw ticking and he stared intently into my eyes, his own occasionally flickering around the entirety of my face.

Seth's warm hand slowly made its way towards the back of my neck and into my hair as he slowly leaned towards me, giving me the opportunity to pull away if I wanted to. But I didn't want to.

As Seth's lips brushed against my own, a wave of butterflies hit my stomach in anticipation. His lips eventually pressed firmly against my own as his grip of me tightened. We hesitantly moved our lips in sync as my arms pressed against his chest.

I couldn't contain the burst of emotion I felt when kissing Seth. He made me feel safe and protected. It didn't feel premature or like I expect a typical high school romance would feel like; it felt real.

Every fibre of my being came alive when I was around Seth.

As Seth pulled away, he whispered the words I had been longing to hear, "I won't let anything happen to you, my imprint."

----

I'm so sorry if this was too cringey for you all!

Sorry again for the elongated update! I've just finished my exams and so was focusing on that as well as my part-time job. Now it's just the wait to see if I get into university!

Thank you for the continuous support!