Chapter 14 - Almost

I felt had for making you wait so long so have another update! Enjoy my lovelies!

------

I had decided to sleep at Sam's house again, finding comfort in the number of werewolves that come in and out. Sending a message to my dad, I made my way over to the sofa. As I wrapped the blanket around my shoulders, I couldn't help but feel comforted by Sam referring to me as being part of the pack.

"Room for a small one?" I heard Seth ask from behind me.

"Sure," I said, pulling my legs to the side. "It's going to be ok, isn't it?" I asked.

"He doesn't want to kill you. That's what matters," he said, stretching his arm behind me.

"I don't want any of you to get hurt," I expressed, placing my hand on Seth's thigh. He stared intently as my hand as his grip on the sofa tightened.

"You don't have to worry about us; we're wolves," Seth replied arrogantly. A loud howl was heard from behind me as Jared howled in appreciation of Seth's comment.

"Get some sleep, lovebirds," Paul said, stripping his shirt as he left for patrol.

-------

I woke with a start as I felt someone touch the bottom of my leg. Acting on impulse, I grabbed the intruders arm and twisted it behind their back, hearing a satisfying groan of pain.

"Ow! What the hell," I heard Quil exclaim as he freed himself from my grip. "Since when did you get strong?"

"Don't you mean, 'since when could I kick your ass?'" I laughed. "I've been training with Emmett."

I heard a tut of disapproval and turned to find Paul and Leah staring at me. "None of you guys were willing to do it," I shrugged as I grabbed a pancake from the stack in the middle of the table.

Jared suddenly rushed in, slamming into the door as he did. "Fresh scent," was all he said before all the werewolves jumped out of their seats and ran after him.

"They'll be fine," Emily said as she resumed her cooking.

----

It had been two hours since the boys and Leah had left. I felt my foot tapping against the floor in impatience as I bit my lip.

Sam was the first through the door, immediately pulling Emily into a hug. "We lost him on the Cullen's territory."

"Where is everyone?" I asked, standing up.

"They're doing a final patrol. They should be back soon," said Sam as he looked at me reassuringly.

Loud footsteps pounded against the floorboards as the rest of the boys came pounding through the door.

Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around Seth's neck putting my head in his neck. I felt his arms circle around my waist as he hugged me back, butterflies erupting in my stomach.

Pulling away, I punched him in the arm. "Don't scare me like that again!" I exclaimed, before hugging him again.

"I'm ok. We're all ok," he whispered, stroking my hair.

"You shouldn't worry about us. We're amazing," Paul bragged.

Pulling away from Seth's embrace, I turned to Paul laughing. "You won't be saying that when a vampire gets you."

"I'd like to see them try, Princess," he smirked. 

-------

"Are you ok?" Seth asked as he interrupted my reading.

"I feel like I've just been thrown into a crazy nightmare," I sigh.

"Sorry about that," he laughed, looking into my eyes.

"It's this town, Seth. I'm scared," I said, looking up at him.

I felt the warmth of Seth's hand on my face as he pulled my face up. "It's ok to be afraid," he whispered. His hand slowly moved to the back of my neck as he slowly leaned towards my face, his eyes flickering to my lips. I could feel his hot breath blowing against my mouth as he lips brushed mine and my eyes slowly closed.

The door banged open-