Chapter 12 - Ignorance is bliss

I know this chapter is short, I'm sorry but I just wanted to upload for you guys!

This is dedicated to everyone that has commented, voted and read this story. You guys are awesome!!!!!!

---

It had been exactly three weeks since I had spoken to or seen Seth. Three weeks since I had been training with Emmett. I had just reached home, drenched in sweat from my earlier training with Emmett.

"Where have you been?" I heard my Dad ask as soon as I stepped through the threshold.

"I was just on a run," I said. He looked at me in concern before softening his expression.

"Just be careful, Lil," he said. I smiled, kissing his head as I passed him to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

"I'm going to head off to bed. Night," I said, making my way up the stairs.

Stepping out of the shower, I tightly wrapped a towel around my body letting my wet hair hang loose.

I made my way to my room, humming as I went. As I stepped into my room, i dropped my shower supplies on to my bed. I slowly began to undo my towel before I heard a strained voice speak from the window.

"Don't undress," I heard the deep voice stutter. I gasped, gripping my towel as my head whipped around to see Seth's startled face.

"What the hell are you doing?" I gasped, stepping back. I couldn't help but notice how his eyes were trained on my legs and chest as a blush rose to my cheeks.

"You've been avoiding me," he managed to breathe out, lifting his eyes.

"What do you expect Seth?" I seethed. "You treat me like a child," I laughed sarcastically.

"I just care about you," he sighed. My eyes hardened as he tried to reason with me.

"Don't try and make me feel guil-" I began before he walked over to me. I felt the heat of his hands on my waist as his dark eyes looked into my green ones.

"Why won't you just accept the fact that none of us want to see you get hurt?" He breathed, leaning into me so that our chests were touching.

"You barely know me," I whispered.

"Trust me, I know a lot more about you than you think," he whispered also. My hands made their way to his chest as he looked into my eyes. I breathed heavily as his eyes flickered to my lips. Realising what was about to happen, I stepped back gripping my towel tighter around my body.

"You should go," I said, not making eye contact with the boy stood across from me with a bewildered look on his face.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he whispered, leaving through the window in a blink.

I ran my fingers through my hair as I processed what could have happened.

----

The next day, I found my feet taking me to the wolf's residence.

"She's back," I heard Embry exclaim. I was suddenly hauled into the air by Embry's muscular arms. Screeching in delight, I gripped his shoulders laughing.

"Good to see you too," I laughed as he placed me back onto the ground.

"We missed you," Jared said, pinching my cheeks. I slapped his hands away as I made way inside, giving Emily a brief hug.

My eyes met with Seth's as I glanced around the room. Quickly averting my eyes, I balanced from foot to foot.

"Can we talk?" Seth asked.