Chapter 8 - Renesme

Sorry if you've waited a while! Give a vote or comment if you're enjoying it and I'll try and update more often!!

------

As the night continued in the light hearted manner that it had begun, I felt my eyes begin to droop and my head fall further into Seth's chest.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" Seth asked, rubbing my arm.

"No! It's only six," I protested, sitting up.

----

I woke up in my own bed oblivious to how I had ended up here. I reached over for my phone seeing a message from Seth.

'I hope you had a great sleep. You fell asleep at Sam's so Jacob drove you home. See you later x'

Yawning, I rubbed my eyes and rolled out of bed. I quickly showered and changed into my chosen outfit for the day, preparing to take a walk along the beach.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs, I noticed that my dad had already left for work and the house was deathly silent. Skipping breakfast, I grabbed my jacket and made my way towards to the beach barely remembering the route.

Arriving at the beach, I began to walk along the shore breathing in the fresh air that the wind blew into my face every two seconds.

"Hi! You're Lillian right?" I heard a sweet voice ask from behind me. I turned around to meet the eyes of a member of the Cullen's.

"Yeah. Renesme right?" I asked in doubt.

"Good job. What are you doing out by yourself?" She asked stepping closer towards me.

"I just felt like taking a walk; it's been a hectic couple of weeks." I laughed. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm just waiting for Jacob to finish parole and then we're going out," she smiled, her eyes glazing over in thought.

I distinctly remembered the wolves mentioning imprints and that Renesme was Jacob's.

"Is that a requirement? Being Jacob's imprint and all," I asked, unsure of whether I was being insensitive.

"No," she giggled. "We see each other because we like each other. That's what the imprint bond is. He's my soulmate," she said.

"But you're so young," I said in shock.

"Love doesn't have boundaries" she sighed in bliss.

I stared at her in awe as she smiled to herself. I felt as though I was disturbing a personal moment as she stared past me.

"Hey girls," a loud voice boomed from across the beach. I sighed in relief as the awkward tension was released thanks to Jacob.

Renesme's face filled with happiness as she raced towards Jacob's awaiting arms. He picked her up as she wrapped her arms around his neck, sharing a sweet kiss. I felt that I was ruining another personal moment as I looked in the distance.

"Seth's just finished his shift so he's at Emily's. You should go see him Lillian," Jacob grinned, barely keeping his eyes off Renesme.

I smiled in thanks as I began a walk to Emily's. I hadn't intended to leave for Seth but instead didn't want to disturb Jacob and Renesme's intimate moment.

I soon found myself at Sam and Emily's door, hearing the unusual hushed voices of the boys.

"Am I interrupting something?" I said nervously. Seth's eyes caught mine as he grinned and walked towards me. Hesitantly, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders as my arms wrapped around his waist. Relaxing into the hug, he hugged my tighter sending tingles down my spine.

"You're not interrupting anything," he smiled forcefully as he pulled away.

I may not have known Seth long but I know a lie when I hear one.

"I can leave if it's wolf business," I said taking a step back.

Sam smiled as he turned his attention to Seth, "why don't you guys go for a walk."

Not wanting to overstep any more boundaries, I took a step back and made way out of the house hearing Seth following.

"Sorry about that," he said sheepishly.

"Don't be, I understand. Maybe if I'd been imprinted on, I'd be in the know," I joked, playfully shoving Seth.

"Yeah," Seth laughed nervously. I looked at him in question as my feet froze.

"Is there something you're not telling me Seth?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"I'll tell you someday," he said, pulling me along.

For some reason, I did not think that was the case.