Chapter 19 - Bonfire Pt 2

As Billy Black began the Quileute legends, I was entranced by the stories that were being told. Everything began to become clear to me: the wolves hatred for vampires and the intensity of the wolves' loyalty. It felt as though the legends were over as soon as they had began and I felt a wave of disappointment wash over me.

"That was amazing," I breathed, turning to Seth with excitement.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed them," Seth laughed wrapping an arm around my shoulder. He began to guide me towards a woman who looked a lot like Leah and was talking intently to Billy.

"Mum, I want to introduce you to someone," Seth beamed. My heart skipped at the thought of being introduced to Seth's mother, not knowing how to react.

"This is Lillian," Seth said, pushing me forward.

"Lillian! I've heard so much about you. God, the boys and Leah never shut up about you," she laughed engulfing me into a hug. I relaxed into her motherly embrace and reciprocating her hug.

"It's lovely to meet you," I replied, stepping back into Seth's chest.

"I wish I could stay and talk but I've got a lot of important discussions to have with people. You'll have to come over for dinner darling," she rushed, kissing both Seth and I on the head.

"A little bit of warning next time," I laughed, turning to Seth.

"Sorry, Beautiful," he laughed, pecking me on the lips before running towards the food with the other wolves. I stared after him in bewilderment, softly touching my lips.

"Talk to him," a rough voice said from behind me. I turned to find Leah staring at me with her arms crossed.

"What do you mean?" I enquired, turning towards her with confusion.

"Seth," she sighed, taking a seat on the ground enabling me to follow. "He's just going to avoid discussing your relationship because he's scared of being rejected."

"I would never do that to him," I sighed, staring at him pile two plates with food.

"I know that. I also know that the boys give me a hard time about finding an imprint and not wanting anyone else to be happy," she laughed. "I know Seth told you about the 'triangle.' But the the truth is, everyone deserves happiness, Lil and you make Seth the happiest I've ever seen him since our dad died."

In that moment, I produced a new found respect for Leah. She was so misunderstood by most of the people around her; she only wanted her own happiness but was instead witnessing everyone else be happy.

"I'll talk to him. Thank you, Leah," I smiled just as Seth approached us. Seth quickly took Leah's place on the ground, handing me one of the plates of food.

"Seth, can we talk?" I asked, picking at the chicken on my plate.

"I had a feeling that Leah mentioned something," he laughed, gazing into my eyes. "Look, I want nothing more than to protect you and make you smile. You're my imprint and although I haven't known you long, you're important to me."

I blushed at Seth's words, an overwhelming feeling of content surrounding me.

"Good talk," I laughed.

-----

It had been two weeks since the rogue vampire had last been seen. Although I should feel safer, I couldn't help but feel consumed by the impending doom that I knew was coming my way.

Every moment that I stepped through the school doors or my own front door, I didn't feel safe.

I was currently sat on my couch, my nose stuck in a book whilst my father was working and the boys were on patrol.

The still and silent atmosphere of La Push engulfed me as I sunk further into my seat. There was a sudden gust of wind as my hair flew in front of my face and my book was knocked from my hands.

"At last."