Chapter 23 - William

Double update!! Just like I promised! I might make it three, we'll see. 

I would really appreciate it of you guys could give my other story a read, it may sound a little cliche but I'm really enjoying making my own story from scratch. If you guys are enjoying my writing with this story then I'm sure you'll enjoy that story too! It's called Awkward and it's a cute little high school love story. 

Thank you guys, I really, truly appreciate all your support with this story so far! It makes me super happy to see you guys voting and your comments make me laugh! You're all amazing.

---------

As we reached Sam and Emily's house, Garret was still in a state of confusion. He kept asking questions, no one responding as it was not our place to tell him, it was Leah's. 

"Garret, you'll find out soon enough. Just please, don't say anything about this to our dads," I pleaded. He looked at my face, his own expression softening as he nodded in agreement. He sat at the table, twiddling his fingers as a frown stayed permanently etched onto his face.

"Do you think Leah will be ok, with whatever is going on?" he asked. If it wasn't such a serious situation, I would have smiled at his cuteness and worry for Leah. Despite the fact that they had only met today, the imprint connection was already clear between them. 

"She always has been," Emily's soothing voice responded as she gripped his shoulder in comfort. I left Emily to comfort Garret and I made my way over to Jared, a look of concern on his face. 

"What's going on?" I questioned. He looked at me with a stiff smile as he rubbed his hands together. I knew that the vampire was back, it was clear on his face but I knew that the wolves would handle it; they always do. 

"We caught his scent at the edge of the forest. It was like he was baiting us, wanting us to chase him," He thought out loud. My heart rate picked up, worried that the vampire had a plan. If someone got hurt, I would never forgive myself, especially Seth or Leah. 

Sam suddenly came bursting through the door, closely followed by Leah who immediately went over to Garret. He visibly relaxed as he looked Leah over in worry. She ushered him outside, knowing that she would have to tell him sooner rather than later, with everything that is going on, despite not even knowing each other a day. I guess me and Seth got lucky. 

"Lillian, Seth is at the Cullen's," Sam said, his arm wrapped around Emily's waist. "Jacob is going to drive you over there."

 I had never rushed out of the house so fast, I needed to know that Seth was ok. As Jacob drove to the Cullen's there was a tension in car, neither of us speaking. We both knew that there was a danger in the woods around us, something that couldn't just be pushed under the carpet. Pulling up outside of the Cullen's house, I rushed out of the car and let myself inside. They were all sat around the sofa's, Seth standing as I stepped inside. I ran into his awaiting arms as he kissed my head and reassured me that he was fine. 

"You need to stop scaring me like that," I breathed, leaning my head onto his bare chest as he held me in a protective embrace. He laughed softly as he pulled away and pulled me onto the sofa next to him. 

I looked around at the Cullen's, their amber eyes attached to mine. "What?" I said, looking down at myself, checking for a stain or something. 

"I read his mind whilst we were chasing him. He plans to come for you this time next week. He doesn't know that I can hear his thoughts which gives us the advantage but he is fast and strong and we need to protect you and your father. All I got a chance to learn about him is that his name is William," Edward said, standing rigidly like he always does.

"What do you mean 'come for me?'" I laughed nervously. 

"He plans a sort of kidnap. Take you to wherever he is from and keep you there," Emmett said, his muscles bulging as he crossed his arms. Renesmee smiled at me reassuringly as she sat beside Jacob, their hands intertwined. 

"We're not going to let that happen," Seth said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to his chest.

"We have a plan but Seth, you and the pack won't like it," Carlisle said. Seth growled lowly as he pulled me impossibly further into him, his protectiveness showing. "We need to bait him and the only way to do that is for Lily to 'surrender' herself," he said, air quoting surrender. 

Seth's began to shake, on the brink of shifting in anger. I lay my hands on his chest, calming him down as he listened to my soothing words. "Seth maybe you should go outside," I suggested, calmly. He shook his head in defiance, staying seated. "Look, you can't protect me all the time, as much as you want to. Let me protect you for once. Now go outside," I seethed, getting angry that Seth would be willing to sacrifice himself for me. I would do the same, of course, but I would do anything to protect us both and ensure that we get our own happily ever after like Bella and Edward did. 

Seth marched outside, shifting instantly as he ran into the woods, the remnants of his shorts at the fringe of the trees. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Edward said, taking Seth's place on the sofa beside me. 

"I will do anything to protect my pack," I said, locking eyes with everyone beside me.