Chapter 5 - The Cullen's

A bit of a shorter chapter

------

I kept my consciousness as a pair of topaz eyes analysed the cuts on my face.

"She has two deep wounds on her head. Edward, put some pressure on the wounds. I'm going to have to remove the outer clothing from her body, to analyse her cuts properly. Seth, Jacob and Emmett, I'm going to have to ask you leave the room," the topaz eyed stranger ordered.

"I'm not leaving my imprint like this, Carlisle," I heard Seth say imperatively.

I turned my head in the direction of Seth's voice, just in time to see Jacob dragging him out of the room. I moaned in pain as I felt someone remove the outer clothing from my body.

"It's amazing she's still conscious Edward," Carlisle said in astonishment.

"She's a fighter," I head Edward say in reply.

It finally clicked that I must be in the Cullen's house and that is why Seth and Jacob were here. I felt Carlisle dressing my wounds and connecting a needle to my arm. The exhaustion and pain caught up with me as my swollen eyes closed and I fell into a deep sleep.

--

I woke from my sleep to the sound of hushed voices.

"Seth, you need to calm down. She'll be fine," I heard Jacob say with authority.

"How did one of them get onto the land so easily?" I heard the familiar sound of Edward's voice question in confusion.

Were they talking about the man that attacked me? What was he and why were they talking about him like he was something other than a human? Although his red eyes did seem inhuman.

"I think she's awake," I heard Edward say. How did he know I was awake?

I felt Seth touch my hand as I tried to open my eyes. Trying to sit up, I was softly pushed back down by a warm pair of hands.

"Don't exert yourself Lil; you've only just woken up," I head Seth say.

Ignoring what he said, I tried to sit up again. Successfully sitting up, under Seth's watchful eyes, I swung my legs over the side of the table and closed my eyes until the pain in my stomach disappeared. I looked up to meet eight pairs of topaz eyes and one pair of soft brown eyes. They introduced themselves as: Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmet, Bella, Edward, Alice, Jaspar and the younger brown eyed teenager introduced herself as Renesme.

"Thank you, Carlisle and Edward, for helping me. I don't mean to intrude on your home. Thank you to you too Jacob for carrying me here," I said shyly.

"You're not intruding, sweetheart," Esme said giving a motherly smile. I tried to smile back but my head hurt as soon as I tried to move my face.

Carlisle walked towards me with the same inhuman speed as the man in the forest to unhook me from the machines I had been connected to. I gasped, jumping from the table, moving away from all the people in the room. I gripped my stomach in pain again as the sudden movements caused a sting of pain to run through my body.

"Lillian, be careful," Edward said as he started to slowly move towards me.

"Get away from me," I stated, holding my hand up. Seth was the next person to move towards me. I shrunk back again as another look of hurt crossed across Seth's face.

"Lillian, ple-" Seth tried to reason.

"No, Seth. I don't know what's happening right now," I said, trying to wrap my head around the situation. "Carlisle, you just moved as fast as the man in the forest but your eyes – your eyes aren't red like his. But you're the same kind, whatever it is that you actually are. Jacob, you were in the forest, why?" I suddenly gasped. "You were that wolf. Seth, your body temperature, you're a wolf too. And what's an imprint? Stay away from me," I gasped, leaning against the wall for support.

"The way her mind works, it's incredible," I head Edward mutter. I looked at him in confusion as I tried to grasp what was happening.

"Please, let us explain," I heard Seth say, the look of hurt still evident on his face.

"Five minutes," I said, moving to the lonely chair in the corner of the room.

The next five minutes were spent with the Cullen's, Seth and Jacob explaining the Quileute legends to me. It soon became apparent that the legends were true.

"You're a what?" I asked.

"We're vampires," Carlisle said.

"And you two are actually wolves?" I turned my attention towards Jacob and Seth.

"We're shifters," Jacob corrected.

"Wolves," I said, looking back towards the Cullen's.

The blonde one, Rosalie, started chuckling at my attitude, instantly making me feel bad for snapping at Jacob who had inexplicably saved my life.

"I'm sorry, that was really rude. Thank you for saving my life Jacob," I said, smiling sincerely at him. What the hell have I walked into?