Chapter 10 - Democracy

Thank you all so much for the votes and reads!! You're all amazing!

-----

I woke with a start as the images of red eyes filled my head. I gasped for air as i tried to sit up but instead I lost my balance and slipped off the sofa I was sleeping on.

My head hit the floor as I lay sprawled on the floorboards. A warm hand touched the bottom of my back as I gasped again, crawling away.

"Lil, it's okay," a deep voice said, stalking towards me. I reached up, turning the lamp on as the light shone on Seth's face.

I slumped on the floor as my chest filled with relief that I wasn't being stalked by a vampire. Closing my eyes I caught my breath and took deep relaxing breaths.

"Are you ok?" Seth asked from a couple of metres away. I opened my eyes, catching Seth's stare.

"Bad dream," I said, lifting my knees to my chest. "It's going to be ok, isn't it?"

Seth paused, leaning against the sofa. "I wish I knew," he said.

"Aren't you supposed to be a little more reassuring than that?" I laughed, leaning my head against the wall behind me.

Seth laughed but it quickly dried out as he looked towards me. "I don't want to give you false hope, Lilian," he said.

"We should probably get some sleep," I said. I stood, making my way over to the sofa as Seth stood also. Lying down on the sofa, I looked towards Seth taking a seat on the chair opposite.

"Goodnight Seth," I whispered.

-----

"If you don't shut up, you won't be getting any breakfast," I head a fierce whisper as my eyes fluttered open. Stretching my arms out, I heard a sigh. "Look what you've done now," I head Emily say, looking over as she slapped Jared on the back of the head.

"It's ok Emily," I laughed. I stood, stretching again as I walked towards the table filled with hungry wolves.

"The bathroom is upstairs, first door on the left. There's a spare toothbrush under the sink, along with towels for the shower." Emily smiled as she continued plating up the breakfast.

I made my way upstairs, taking a shower and quickly dressing into the sundress that Emily had left out for me.

There was a knock at the door just as I pulled he dress over my head. I opened the door to Sam's serious face but encouraging smile.

"Sorry, I'll get out of your way," I smiled, brushing past Sam.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs, I felt Seth's stare on my legs as he struggled the peel his eyes away. I blushed, trying to pull the dress further down my legs.

"Put your tongue back in your mouth," I heard Embry laugh as he kicked Seth under the table.

I made my way over to the table, taking a seat beside Embry. "I have an idea," I said, addressing the whole table.

Everyone looked at me expectantly as I stumbled over my words. "I want to learn to defend myself," I said.

"No," Seth's response was immediate. "You'll never be close enough to a vampire to need to know defence."

"But I-" I began before Seth's band slammed on the table.

"No," he demanded, his possessive state burning into me.

My eyes flashed in anger as I rose from my chair, "As much as I appreciate your opinion, this isn't a democracy. I didn't ask for your opinion, nor do I want it. I'm learning to defend myself whether you like it or not; you don't get a say," I said directly to Seth.

I smiled at Emily, in apology, as I stormed out the door. I knew exactly where I needed to go.