Chapter 9 - Another encounter

As Seth and I walked in the direction of my house, the air was filled with silence. I could feel Seth's heat on my left arm as he walked within close proximity, brushing against my arm every now and again.

"Seth," I started. He looked at me expectantly. "Can I meet the girl that you've imprinted on?" I asked, not making eye contact with his warm eyes.

"Once she knows the truth. You'll be the first person I introduce her to," he smiled. My heart dropped a little bit I ignored the sensation and smiled in return.

We finally reached my house as I stepped through the threshold and welcomed Seth into my home. "Can I get you anything?" I asked taking my
jacket off.

"Just a glass of water please," he responded taking a seat on the couch. Passing Seth the glass of water, I took a seat beside him crossing my legs.

Suddenly, I felt Seth stiffen. I looked at him in confusion as he stood and began sniffing around the room. "Seth, I know you're a wolf but you're being weird right now," I said putting my hand on his shaking arm.

"A vampire was here a day ago." he said. "I don't recognise the sent." He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"Stop. What's going on?" I asked, digging my feet into the ground and releasing myself from Seth's grip.

"Lil, please just trust me," he pleaded, trying to grip me again.

"Not until you tell me what going on," I replied stubbornly, crossing my arms.

"A vampire's been circling our perimeters for the past couple of days. We don't know who it is; every time we get to the sent, it's a couple of hours old. It's like they're looking for something," he stated. "I need to get you to safety whilst we figure this out."

Seth grabbed my arm and began to drag me out of my house and towards Sam's house. I didn't resist and allowed Seth to drag down the road.

Once we had arrived at Sam's, we were greeted by the pack who were all around the table talking in hushed voices. As Seth came bounding through the door, all eyes fell on us.

Seth quickly explained what had happened: the scent, my house and the conclusions he had come to.

"Do you think they're looking for Lillian?" Jared asked. Seth growled, tightening his grip on my arm.

"Ow," I said, trying to release myself from his death grip. He suddenly released me and took deep breathes to calm himself down.

"It's possible. We're not counting anything out but we need to be sure before we plan anything," Sam said authoritatively.

"Why would they be looking for me?" I asked, walking towards the group. Everyone looked at me, unsure of what to tell me. "If you're involving me in a possible scenario, I want in. I'm not being left out of the loop if the loop involves my safety," I said, firmly taking a seat on Seth's lap instinctively.

Seth placed his arms on my thighs, showing his support in my decision.

"New girl's got a point," Embry stated. I smiled in thanks as the rest of the pack slowly nodded their heads.

The next fifteen minutes were spent discussing possible scenarios and conclusions. My head was whirling with the new information, trying to process it all and make sense of the new world I had been thrown in to.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Seth whispered so only I could hear.

I looked towards Emily, "Do you mind if I stay the night? I don't feel safe at my house. I can text my dad and ask him to stay at a friends," I stated.

"You're always welcome," Emily smiled, rubbing my shoulder reassuringly.

"We'll have someone watching your house all night," Sam said. "Incase your dad is staying there," he explained.

I made my way to the sofa, pulling the blanket over me and tried to sleep without the fear overtaking my body.