Chapter 11 - Emmett

Thank you so much for all the support!!! I hope you enjoy the chapter - sorry it's a little slow, I'm just building the story. I don't want it to move too fast!

-----

I walked as fast as I possibly could to my house, slamming through the front door. Picking up my phone, I quickly dialled Renesme's number which she had given me the day I met her on the beach.

"Hello?" She answered after the third ring.

"I'm really sorry to bother you. Is Emmett home?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?" She asked curiously.

"Could you pick me up?" I asked. She quickly replied yes before hanging up the phone.

I changed into a comfortable pair of jeans, a sweater and my trusty pair of converse. I heard a car beep outside as I walked down the stairs.

I stepped out of the door to be met with Seth's face. Sighing, I shut the door and walked past him.

"Are you really going to ignore me?" He asked, grabbing my arm.

"Seth, we barely know each other so I don't have to listen to you," I said, trying to get past him.

Grabbing my arm again, Seth looked into my eyes before sighing. "Just promise me you'll be careful," he said.

I opened my eyes to give a sarcastic reply before I noticed Seth's serious expression. "I promise," I replied, finally being allowed to slip last Seth's sagging figure.

Getting into the car, Renesme didn't hesitate before stepping on the gas. "Do I even want to know what's been going on?" She asked.

"I'm sure Jacob will fill you in," I laughed, relaxing into my chair. The rest of the car ride was filled with silence as Renesme sped through Folks before reaching the Cullen household.

"Thank you for this," I smiled as we got out of the car.

"Anytime Lilian," Renesme smiled before rushing into the house.

I sluggishly followed, entering the already opened door.

"It's lovely to see you again Lilian," Carlisle's welcoming voice greeted me.

"Likewise," I smiled. I looked around nervously, unsure of what it is I intended to do next.

"Do you know if Emmett is around?" I asked. Within a flash, Emmett was in front of me.

"What can I do for you, dog girl?" Emmett smirked.

Ignoring the wolf jab, I looked Emmet square in the eyes and asked if he could tech me to defend myself.

"No offence but you're only human," Emmett said seriously.

"Which is why I need to know, Emmett. Please," I begged. He began to walk away which I took as my hint to follow.

I soon found myself in the back garden of the Cullen residence. "The first thing you need to know is that vampires are faster and stronger than you. You need to be the smart one," he said.

I nodded drinking up Emmett's words. He suddenly swung for me, narrowly missing my nose.

"Second, you must expect the unexpected," he demanded. I shook with fear as I only now realised what I was getting myself into. "What's wrong dog girl, can't handle it?" He mocked.

Edward appeared at the doorway of the house, his stone glare burning into Emmett. "That's enough, Emmett," he said.

"No. I need to know this," I spat, not taking my eyes off Emmett and his smirk.

"You're going to hurt yourself," Edward stated.

"I'll live," I demanded. I heard Edward's chuckle as he sat on the steps.

"You remind me of Bella," he smiled. "If that's the case, you'll hurt yourself," he said, suddenly serious.

I grumbled under my breath as I turned my head back towards Emmett.

"What's next?" I asked.