Chapter 15 - School

Super long chapter for you wonderful people! Still very thankful for all the support you guys give me! I love reading all your comments and seeing all your votes.

Thank you all so much!!!!!

------

It had been five days since Seth and I had almost kissed and Paul had broken through the door. I'd only passed pleasantries with Seth since the incident, neither of us speaking a word about what had almost happened.

"Are you ready for your first day at school?" My dad asked from across the dining table.

"Is it bad to be nervous?" I asked, sighing.

"I'd be worried if you weren't," he responded. "I've got a surprise for you," he continued.

At his words, I looked at him in surprise and bewilderment. It wasn't often that I would receive gifts from my dad; he was busy and I never expected to receive them. Gesturing for me to follow him, my dad walked out the front door smiling to himself.

As I stepped out the front door, my jaw dropped to the ground. Sat outside was my father's vintage beetle, like the one from footloose but blue. "It's all yours," my dad said, handing me the keys.

"What?" I asked, hugging my dad. "Dad, I can't accept this," I said in disbelief, still clutching his neck.

"It was mine when I was 17 and now it's yours," he said. (I know Seth isn't 17 in the book/movie but it's set 2 years after and he hasn't aged but matured - still technically 17 anyway.) "You'd better head to school Kiddo," he said, pushing me forward whilst handing me my bag.

Jumping in the car, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. As I drove into the school parking lot, I felt multiple eyes on my car. Little did I know that the eyes were in fact inspecting the new student. I suppose word travels fast, especially when the school on the reservation wasn't exactly large.

As I pulled up and killed the engine, large shadows fell over my car. I looked up to see the pack waiting for me to exit the car but my nerves were getting the better of me. I was going into my Junior year at high school, totally new and totally clueless to the American system.

"Are you getting out or what?" I heard Quil ask.

"Or what?" I responded as he opened my door. I stared up at him in nervousness causing his gave to soften.

"Nice car. You can drive manual?" He asked, trying to coax me out of my beautiful car.

"It's a normal thing in England," I laughed. There was suddenly a tug at my arm as he pulled me out of the vehicle.

"Stop being a baby," he laughed, slamming the door shut.

"Shouldn't you have graduated already?" I seethed, rubbing my car door.

"Missed too much school, got held back," he shrugged. "Embry and I both. So you're a fellow Junior," he laughed, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Wonderful," I said as I rolled my arms. It turns out that during this interaction, I was totally oblivious to the envious stares of the girls and the curious looks from everyone.

"Ignore them," Seth said as he wrapped a reassuring arm around my shoulder. I was suddenly being led to the entrance of the school as Seth tightened his arm around my shoulder.

"People are staring," I whispered.

"Why wouldn't they?" He scoffed. I looked at him in confusion. "You're the beautiful new girl," he shrugged.

Although I had been around Seth for a couple of weeks now, his compliments still caused a swarm of butterflies to invade my stomach and my cheeks to redden in embarrassment.

"Schedule for Lillian Ross," I heard Seth ask the gentleman at the front desk.

"Shouldn't you be heading to class, Mr Clearwater?" Was his response. Sending me one last reassuring smile Seth retreated to the hallway.

"You should have already received your schedule in the mail. You'll find your locker number and combination as well as a sheet for your teachers to sign to mark your attendance for your first day," the guy at the front door said as he handed me a plastic wallet.

As I left the front office, I checked my bag in panic; I was unaware that I had already received my schedule. I found an unopened envelope in my search which I quickly ripped open.

'Thought you might need this. Your gym stuff is also in your bag,
love Dad x'

I had never been so thankful to have such an amazing father. As I looked at my schedule, I noticed that I had gym for my first class. Something I'm actually good at, this is good.

Turning to find my way to the gym, my belongings were knocked out of my hands.

"I am so sorry," I heard a deep voice say as he bent down to pick up my papers from the floor.

"Don't worry about it," I laughed. As he stood, his eyes widened as he took in my appearance.

"What?" I asked, looking down at myself.

Quickly shaking his head, he placed his hand in front of me. "I'm James," he said.

"Lillian," I returned, shaking his hand.

"Are you heading to gym?" He asked. I nodded my head as he began to lead me towards what I assume is the gym. During the journey, James made small talk which I reciprocated. He seemed nice enough but I found myself comparing him to Seth and what Seth would have done and what Seth would have said.

-----

"Well, we're here. I'll see you in there," he said, making his way into the males changing room. As I made my way into the girls changing room, I realised that all the girls had already left to go into the gym.

Quickly changing into the pair of shorts and t-shirt, with the school logo on, I left to make my way in to the gym.

"Lateness will not be tolerated in my class, new student of not, Ms Ross," was the first thing the gym teacher said to me.

"I apologise, Sir," I smiled as I handed him the sheet that he needed to sign.

"I'll sign it once you prove yourself. I assume this may be difficult; you're already in the bad books," he said, dismissing me.

"Get used to it, he's an asshole," I head James whisper in my ear. Giggling in response, I felt a glare burn into the side of my head.

Turning around, I met the eyes of Quil, Embry and Seth, the latter glaring holes at James' face. I looked at him in confusion before his eyes left mine and fell on the gym teacher.

"Let's start with the rope," he boomed. "New girl, you're up."

As I gripped the rope, I felt everyone eyes on my back. Taking that as my motivation, I pulled myself up the rope in record time and slid down once I had reached the top.

"Hm," I heard the teacher huff as he noted something on his sheet.

The rest of gym class was brutal; the coach made me work twice as hard as everyone in the class but I'd like to think I proved myself.

---

As I left the changing rooms, I felt a warm hand grip my arm and pull me into an empty classroom.

"What were you doing with James?" Seth asked, pushing me against the wall.

"We were just talking," I said, staring into his deep brown eyes. "Why do you care?"

"Because you're mine," he breathed.