Chapter 22 - Leah and Garret

Hope you're all enjoying the story so far! How many more parts do you think this story should have? What would you like to see happen? What do you think WILL happen? 

I'm intrigued on your guy's opinions! Leave a comment and enjoy the chapter.

Here's a happy little chapter for you all! The next one will have more drama in it for you all so enjoy!

------------

There was a long pause of silence as the wolves and I stared between Leah and Garret. A smile stretched it's way onto my face knowing that Leah would finally get her happily ever after, something that she has always wanted. 

"Leah, this is my childhood friend Garret. Garret, this is my new friend Leah," I introduced pushing Leah towards Garret. Garret gave his best smile as he stood and stuck his hand out to Leah, something that he had not done to the others. Leah eventually placed her hand into his as they slowly shook hands, the electricity clear between them. 

"Wait, are you Garret Robinson?" Sam questioned. 

"Yeah, I used to live here but I moved away for a couple of years," he explained. "I think you were a couple of years ahead of me at school."

Throughout the whole exchange, their stare had not faltered. "Leah, why don't you have something to eat," I questioned. This broke her out of her trance as she took the spare seat beside Garret and began to eat, a lot more ladylike than normal. 

Seth grabbed my hand as he led me out of the door, pulling me away from the scene in front of me. He looked at me with a knowing smile, seeing the look of happiness etched across my face. 

"He'd better be nice," is all he said as he intertwined our fingers together. I squeezed his hand in reassurance as he looked down at me with adoration. I wrapped myself around his arm, looking forward to the day that Leah would share this same happiness with Garret. 

It didn't take Seth and I long to reach the beach, taking a slow walk along the shoreline. I could feel Seth's nervousness radiating from him, his grip tightening on my hand. 

"I have something that I want to ask you," he mumbled out, his chocolate eyes meeting mine as he pulled us to a stop. I looked at him in question as he frowned in nervousness. "I know that you think we haven't know each other that long but you're my imprint and the person I care about most in this world. Would you maybe want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, his eyes dropping to my feet, too scared to meet my eyes. 

I ran my hand along his jawline, pulling his eyes back up to meet mine. My hand found it's way to the back of his head, tugging him closer to me as I met my lips to his. Our lips moved in sync as he pulled me closer by the waist so we were flush together. 

"I would love to," I whispered before he met my lips again. He picked me up in happiness, our lips still connected as he swung me around in a circle. I wrapped my legs around his waist, throwing my head back in laughter as he cheered. 

"About time," I heard a distant voice yell. I looked up to meet the eyes of the pack, all of them grinning teasingly. Leah and Garret trailed behind, locked in conversation blissfully unaware of everything else happening. Embry was gripping a football in his hand whilst Emily and Sam were carrying picnic baskets. As the sun was shining, it was no surprise that they would all join us on the beach. 

As Seth placed me back onto the ground, Embry launched the football towards us my hand instinctively covering my face in panic. I heard the sound of football hitting skin and looked up to notice that Seth had caught it. "Embry, don't damage my girlfriend," he laughed. I liked the way that, that sounded coming from Seth. I was the girl lucky enough to be destined with Seth. I was lucky enough to be his girlfriend. 

The boys decided that it would be a good idea to play some football and separate me and Seth as it would be unfair with him protecting me the whole time. I grumbled on the spot, my arms folded in a tantrum. Seth winked at me from the opposite side of the field we had marked out with stones. "Don't cry too much when you lose, Lil," he taunted. I stuck my tongue out at him like a child and then got serious, wanting nothing more than to beat Seth. 

As the game progressed, Seth's team were ahead. I had yet to touch the ball as no one on my team trusted me enough to do anything useful. The game was coming to end and my team would win if we got a touchdown in the next one minute. As Quil threw the ball to Embry, Embry looked around for someone that was open. I was the only one. I looked at him shaking my head, knowing that I would be responsible for losing the game. The ball came flying towards to me as my hands instinctively reached ahead of me, catching the ball. 

"RUN," Embry screamed at me,  knocking me back into life. I ran as fast as my little legs would take me towards the end zone, unaware of Seth on my tail. 

Just as I was about to reach the end zone, warm arms wrapped around my waist lifting me up into the air. I threw the ball towards Quil who had been running beside me, watching him get the ball into the end zone. As I was placed back onto the ground, I turned around to see Seth grinning at me with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"You shouldn't look so happy, you lost," I laugh. He rolls his eyes, the grin still on his face. The grin suddenly disappears from his face as he stiffens and looks towards the rest of the pack. They are all still too, looking towards the fringe of the forest. Sam takes off in a run, the rest of the pack following, besides Jared who stays behind. He ushers Emily, Garret and I to pick up our stuff before leading us to his car in the parking lot. 

"Is it him?" I ask. He nods stiffly, his hand gripping the steering wheel. 

"What is going on?" Garret asks, a look of confusion settling on his brows.