Chapter 9: Twisted Prince

Start from the beginning

Her mind flashed back to the night before. Finn leaning shirtless against the door frame of the practice room. Well I guess he isn't too bad on the eyes, especially without his shirt on, but those girls are only interested in him because of his looks. They don't care about Finn at all. They are just using him. How dare they!

She began to quicken her pace. I really can't risk being late again.

"You're thinking about me aren't you?" A hushed whisper pressed against her neck.

She turned to face a smiling Marshall. She rolled her eyes. "Don't you have some love poetry to read?" She replied, waving him off.

He staggered back and pretended to clutch his chest in agony, no doubt making fun of Bernabon. "Oh. That was rough." He glanced up at her waiting for her reaction as she trotted by, determined not to be pulled into anymore of his hi-jinx, she ignored him.

He stood up, straightened his tie, and trailed her. Seemingly unfazed by her dismissive behavior.

"I can understand if you are intimidated by me." He said on a serious note.

"Why is that?" She stood outside of their next class period and glared up at him. Had he completely forgotten about yesterday?

He slid his bangs back with his hand, and posed like a model. "It is because I am so handsome. Most girls faint in my very presence. You must have a particularly strong spirit to have lasted this long in my presence."

She rolled her eyes again and opened the door to Coach Algebra's room. He sat at his desk, and looked up at them through small, pink reading glasses.

"Oh Mr. Lee, how nice of you to grace us with your presence today." He said, eyeing Marshall without the least bit of fear.

Marshall was trapped. "You tricked me!" He spat at her.

"And how is that?" She replied innocently.

"You should have told me where you were going."

"To class, where else?"

Marshall eyed her, but said nothing as they walked into the classroom, and she took her normal spot in the middle of the front row, it was hard not to be fully engaged in a class when you were the only student who showed up on a regular basis...

"Unlike you, Marshall." She looked up at him, setting her backpack down next to her desk. "I like to actually get something back from all the money my guardian pumps into sending me to this prestigious school." She gestured to the classroom, as if they were in a grand hall.

"Sit." Coach Algebra barked to Marshall, who was still brooding over Fiona as she pulled out a pen and notebook and ignored him. He glared at her one last time before assuming his seat in the first row next to the window.

"I will punish you for this..." Marshall hissed as Coach Algebra turned his back to them to being writing the lesson notes up on the board.

She nodded sweetly to him, pretending she had not heard him, and turned her attention back to the board.

The next twenty minutes where complete torture for Marshall. Coach Algebra took away his MP3 player, and his phone after he had tried to listen to them during class within the first five mintues. Insisting that it made him concentrate on the lesson more, but coachie wasn't having any of it. Next, he moved Marshall away from the window to look on with Fiona, since he hadn't done any of the homework, and he had 'forgotten his book' in the first ten mintues. And finally, this was more of a punishment for Fiona than Marshall, Coach Algebra had taken away her phone after Marshall had tried to take her's in an attempt to drone out the lesson, in the first fifteen mintues. When Coach Algebra finally released them from their studious captivity, he breathed a deep sigh of relief and glanced at Fiona.