Chapter 15

I looked out the window of the car after it had stopped and saw a lot of people- no a lot of journalists and reporters with their cameras in our direction. Suddenly a man with tuxedo stood in front of my door and gently opened it while standing at the side, I got taken aback by the flashlights and people squeezing through the guards while pointing either their microphones or phones towards me.

I covered my face with both hands since they were cuffed together it was much harder, suddenly two men started to grab me by my arms to the huge building in front. I thought it'd be quiet inside but nothing can stop the reporters from getting their answers.

The two men pushed the huge gates open and slammed it close after we had stepped inside, after adjusting my eyes to the bright lights I examined my surroundings to see people of both men and women sitting at both sides and looking at me with disgust drown on their faces.

I looked to the back wanting to hide or run away but to my unfortunate one of the policemen grabbed my arm again and pulled me with him to my seat. While trailing behind him my ears caught faint sobs from the right where my eyes quickly drafted to see Mrs.Hwan uselessly holding her tears and clinching on her napkin.

I shifted uncomfortably on my seat while my eyes trailed around not leaving a detail until it stopped on Mrs.Hwan sad figure. She had an unreadable expression on her face a mix of extreme anger and sorrow.

"Mr. Jeon have you finished the papers?" The old woman on plain black robe and was sitting on the far risen bench spoke up with stern voice as she adjusted her glasses on her nose and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Yes ma'am!" The man handled her a bunch of papers.

"Are you Soo Jung?" She spoke suddenly,"what's your last name?"

"I don't have one," the expression on her face as she raised an eyebrow told me that she didn't believe me one pit, "my mother-"

"That's even better, at least you won't shame your family."

Her words sent daggers to my heart making me lower my head and bite my lips trying so hard to not show any signs of defeat.

"you have been accused of being a criminal of four ugly murders" After the long silence the old woman -the judge- spoke in calm manner not shifting her eyes away from me, "what are you going to say about that?"

"But I'v done nothing, how could it be me?"

"Shall I start your honor," the woman -the tag on her chest said that her name was Jisoo- who was sitting at the desk beside mine stood straight and with full force she slammed her hands on the table before grabbing bundle of neat papers from her table and walking up to the judge so the curious crowd behind her could also listen in," the accused has been there in each crime which makes her even more susceptible than anyone else to be the selfish criminal."

"That's because he stalked me and killed them whenever they were any way near me," since they didn't give me the time to hire a solicitor and Mrs.Hwan wasn't so sure of anything anymore I had to stand to myself.

"Jisoo please sit back down," the judge indicated, "Ms. Lisa please announce the cases!"

"Ok ma'am, on Monday March 19 at 5:30am by that time the ambulance had picked up Baekhyun -the first victim- to the hospital, we didn't forget to ask the coroners and they said he was killed before that time by 10 minutes. And from what we found from the CCTV of the store is that Soo Jung entered it at 5:23am, not only that but also the number that dialed the hospital was her number which leads us to direct our fingers on her!"

"But I didn't call the hospital?!" Things got puzzled in my head even though I'm certain that I haven't done it. People gasping and whispering among themselves got me even more frustrated and nervous. She came up to me while holding out her phone for me showing a picture on sort of computer that contained a lot of numbers, my number was one of them in the center next to it was the time 5:21 am, "it can't be true."

"Sustained!"

"On Monday April 16, the second victim Sehun -who was registered to be the last hope for Hwan's company- has been crushed under an indoor stage at a fancy party, the investigations shows that Soo jung's fingerprints were spotted on the back stage's equipments," there was a short pause as she glared at me, "that's not a strong evidence I know, but still she was there again."

"I didn't -"

"On Monday May 14, the third victim which was killed harshly was sent to Mrs.Hwan's front door at 11:37 pm and had a message in where she's warning her mother from the girl called Soo Jung. We had checked the handwriting and there was no doubt it was hers," the courtroom went silent even the judge had her eyes glued on me sending shivers down my spine, "anything you want to say?"

"I wasn't even there when she was killed, I was in the abroad school where eomma sent me after I told her about him."

"So you asked her to send you to abroad school so you could kill your sister thinking that you will go out without getting any suspensions?!" The Prosecutor -Rose- suddenly spoke earning the attention from everyone in the room, "you only confirmed our suspensions towards you."

I swallowed dryly looking for my mother, when my desperate eyes met hers she looked away with disappointment written on her face. did she really believe all of this? is she ever gonna help me out?

"On Tuesday May 15, Fuyuko the fourth victim had been found by a policeman in an alley inside a weird made coffin, the police officers were about to take care of the coffin but Soo Jung had to butt in first and pull the cover which made the blades cut her sister's head. The witnesses of policemen said that the girl cried for Soo Jung to stop and to not open the top but she just ignored," my heart ached in my chest when the memory flashed in my mind. I looked up at the informant -Lisa- and she had a big satisfied grin, "again Soo jung's name was printed there, since Fuyuko had her wrists cut, she couldn't write her sister's name easily and clearly."

And with that I've been sent to a women's jail far away from the place where I used to have a normal life once, after all of that speech at the courthouse I became suspicious of myself. Did I really kill them? Could I do it? There wasn't any psycho? I'm not sure anymore.

Days annoyingly passed slowly, in every day I'll have to hold onto my dear life as I'll have to face dangerous and terrifying women. There weren't a day that will pass without me getting beaten up to death by those women why I'm not using my power? Because I don't want my sentence to increase even more than infinity.