Part 4

*Selena's POV*

I took a deep breath and pivoted on my heels and walked out of the house with my head held high. I knew what he was trying to do and I wasn't going to let him do it. He didn't know me like he thought he did. A person can change a lot in a year and that's what I did. I was stronger. I wasn't going to let me be stepped on.

It wasn't until I was in my car with the radio blasted that I began to cry because All Too Well came on the radio. I had to pull the car over to gather myself. I immedently shut off the radio and began singing my song trying to boost myself up.

"Cause what you wanted I couldn't get

What you did, boy I'll never forget

And you left me

Standing on a corner crying

Feeling like a fool for trying

I don't even remember

Why I'm wasting all these tears on you

I wish I could erase our memory

Cause you didn't give a damn about me

Oh, finally I'm through

Wasting all these tears on you

These tears on you," I sang to myself over and over until I was able to stop crying and strengthen up.

I knew that I didn't need him. I was so much better than he was. I wasn't going to let him get to me because that is exactly what he wanted. I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

I closed my eyes and counted to ten as I took deep breaths. I was able to calm myself and decided to give Taylor a visit.

I pulled up to her house, and thankfully she was there.

I walked up to the house and knocked on the door before taking a step back waiting.

She opened up the door and a smile appeared onto her face. "Selena, wow. What are you doing here? Please come on in," she said taking a step aside to let me in.

I walked in and I immedently noticed all the things she had changed in her house. The pictures were all different and even the furniture was different and moved around.

"I like what you did with the place," I said as we sat in her living room.

"I forgot that you hadn't seen it since it's been changed. When Ed moved in we decided to start from scratch and this is how it turned out," she said with the smile still on her face.

"I always knew that there was something going on with you two," I said cracking a smile.

"Are you and...Jake still together?" she asked trying to remember his name.

I smiled as the picture of him popped into my head making me nod.

"He treats you good?" she asked.

I nodded with a bigger smile than before.

"Good, I won't have to send Ed to kick some butt," she said making both of us laugh.

It seemed too easy for us to get back into how we used to be. We talked about all the new things in our lives and even some old things. We mostly just had fun doing like what we always did. It felt like nice to have my old friend back.

*Justin's POV*

"Wow," Fredo said as I stood frozen in place.

"Daddy," I heard Emma say breaking me out of my trance.

"Did you hear that?" I asked as I pulled her crying into my chest as she nodded.

"I'm going to get her back. We will be a family. I promise."

"Justin, what are you doing? You can't promise her that," Fredo said looking at me like I was an idiot.

"Yes I can and I did. I just have to sweep her off her feet," I said as I rocked Emma in my arms.

"And hope the results of the paternity test come back negative," he added.

"Yeah that too. Guess we will know tomorrow. I better take the girls home. I'm sure Kate's wondering where I am."

"You do know that to get Selena back you have to break up with Kate right?" he asked as I walked to the back room where Hayden was sleeping peacefully.

Honestly, I don't think she looks like me. She looks almost identical to how Kate looked as a baby, which made it hard to tell if she was in fact my daughter. I picked her up in my free arm and carried her out to the car buckling her into her car seat in the back.

Emma and I both said bye to Fredo before we climbed into the car.

I glanced in my mirror ever now and then to see Emma silently crying to herself looking out the window.

I was so glad that she thought of Selena like her mother even if we weren't together but I know how much it hurt her for us not to be together. I can't even count the number of times that she had thrown a fit a night because she wanted Selena to tuck her in, or she wanted to play tea party with Selena. Kate would offer but then Emma would yell at her saying that she doesn't do it like Selena does. I know it hurt Kate even if she tried to act like it didn't. I would be hurt if it was like that for me and other guy.

I couldn't even imagine how it would be for Bentley if he say Jake more as I father figure than me. It would kill me. I always said that when I had kids I didn't want it to be the way it was for me when I was growing up and that's exactly what I have set up for me and my kids.

I guess history really does repeat itself.