2.3 The hunt

————

Grayson's POV
9:53 pm

She got up from the bed, me and Ethan racing to her side. Y/n looked at herself in the mirror.
"Y/n, how do you feel?" I whisper. Her hearing would be sensitive at the moment, so I didn't want to be too loud.
"I... feel amazing" she smiles as she twirls in the mirror. She seemed to be happy with her appearance.
"I'm going to leave you two alone. Ethan, let's go" Cameron winks at us before leaving the room with my brother. I look at Y/n, who was now facing me.
"You look... wow" she giggles at my awkwardness.
"Thank you" she laughs. Her face grew bigger for a moment and she clutched her neck.
"My throat feels funny" she gags.
"Your probably thirsty, let's go hunt"

*************************************************

Y/n was a natural. She managed to kill two deers in under half an hour.
"Did I do good?" She wipes the excess blood off of her lips.
"You sure did, love" I pull her into a hug, her head nuzzled into my neck. I let go of her, but kept hold of her hand as we walked through the forest.
"Have you heard anything from your Mom?" I asked.
"I haven't checked my phone since I woke up. Maybe she left a message" she sighs. I know that she wants to go home, to be with her family. But that's not the safest option right now.
"I know you miss her, but we can't leave. Not yet" I squeeze her hand in comfort.
"Will I ever see her and Gary again?"
"I'm sure you will. But do you not want to stay with me?" I stop walking for a moment.

"Grayson. That's not what I mean. Of course I want to be with you, but I need to make sure my family is okay first" she stops as well and looks at me with her y/e/c eyes.
"Okay" I look at the ground until y/n's hands cupped my cheek.
"I love you" she gives me a small smile.
"I love you too"

Cameron's POV

Y/n and Grayson had left to hunt over one hour ago, leaving me and Ethan alone in the house.
"That was a jerk move, Ethan" I glare at him.
"Cameron, I was joking" He laughs, resting his head on the couch as he scrolls through his phone.
"I know, but that really pissed Gray off" I push his shoulder whilst laughing. Right on cue, Y/n and Grayson walked through the door, holding hands.
"How was it?" Ethan asked, sitting up.
"So fun! I managed to get two deers" Y/n squeals in excitement.
"Wow, that's pretty good for a newborn" I gasp. It's almost like she was made to be a vampire.
"That's great. Anyways, tonight there are fireworks going off, do you wanna watch them later?" E asks.
"Sure, we can do that" Grayson says.

Y/n's POV

It was already time to watch the fireworks, but Grayson was acting a bit funny.
"Hey, are you ready to go?" Cameron asked.
"I'm gonna check on Grayson real quick, I'll be back in a minute" I walk into our room, where Grayson was sat on our bed.
"Hey, are you ready to go?" I sit next to him. He sighed before answering.
"I think I'm gonna stay here, a lot has been on my mind" he looks at me.
"Oh okay" I mutter, "would you like me to stay with you then?"
"Yeah, that would be nice" he gave me a small smile.
"Okay, I'll tell Cam" I walk back into the lounge to tell Cameron and Ethan.
"I think we are going to stay here tonight, but you two should go and have fun" I explained.
"Aww okay. See you later Y/n" They both leave, leaving us some in the bungalow. When I went back into our bedroom, Grayson wasn't there. He was outside, sitting on the grass. I decided to join him.

————