1.3 Mother, dear.

————

Y/n's POV
7:45 am

Gary drove me to school today as mum had business to deal with and I couldn't drive yet.
"You should try and get your license soon, you know. You won't have to keep asking me all the time" he chuckles as he pulls up in the school parking lot.
"I'll work on it" I open the door and step out before Gary stops me.
"I know what happened with Nia, don't worry. If she isn't smart enough to see that you can have different friends then her then she isn't worth it. I'm also trying to talk to your mom about getting you a new phone" I smile at him in response. Gary is a nice person, Mum is lucky to have him.
"Thank you" I wink at him and shut the door, walking towards the building. I see Marcus and Katrina standing near the doors. Not knowing what to say, I just give them a tight lipped smile and walk past them, not receiving one back.

Geez, thanks guys.

I get to my locker and pull out 'Blood Brothers'. English was next and we have to study the book. I don't see why I have to read it again, to be perfectly honest, because I've already read it twice.
"Did we have to read that by today?" A voice behind me asks, so close I can feel their breath on my neck.
I turn to see Grayson, who was giving me the same goofy grin I see every morning.
"Did you not read it?" I raise my eyebrow at him.
"Whoops" I laugh at his response.
"You know we had, like, two weeks to read it" I held the book close to my chest.
"I know, I know. But I've been spending time with you everyday so I haven't had chance to pick it up" he scratches his head.
"Hey! Don't blame it on me, I actually got time to read it. Besides, you don't sleep so you had more time then me"
"Okay, Okay" he laughs as I punch him in his stone cold shoulder.
"Anyway, blood brothers is a classic. You must have read it in your last 100 years of being a vampire"
"Whatever" he rolls his eyes at me.
"I want to take you on a date" he bursts, catching me off guard.
"Y-you want to take me on a date?" I blink, red colour flushing my cheeks.
"Yes, tonight" his cheeks don't go pink as he has no blood in the first place, but I can tell he's embarrassed too.
"I'd love to go on a date with you" I smile at his golden eyes.
"Great, I'll pick you up at 7" he winks at me.
"Where's Ethan today?" I close my locker and lean against it.
"He's coming in later, Mom's talking to him about something" we walk side by side to first period.

Ethan's POV

"Ethan, we saw"
Moms voice echoes in our living room. I was stood in front of my mother, Cameron was out and Dad wasn't at home. Again.
"What do you mean?" I look at my mom confused.
"The text messages with Grayson and that girl" my throat goes dry as I take it in.

She knows about Y/n.

"I-I" I stumble for words.
"End this relationship with her. Make sure Grayson does too" she stares at me blankly.
"I can't do that Mom"
"Why not?"
"Because..."
"Because what, Ethan"

"She knows... about our secret"

"WHAT!?"

————