1.9 A compromise

————

Grayson's POV
4:32 pm

Y/n was still fast asleep, her head resting on my shoulder. Her y/h/c hair was resting gently on one side whilst her body was curled around me. She had been asleep for almost 2 hours. I can't remember what sleep was like. It must be a real time killer.

Is she asleep?

Ethan's voice in my head startled me, making me flinch. Y/n was still in slumber despite my sudden body movement.

Geez. You scared me, E.

Sorry.

It's fine, she's still asleep.

Ethan didn't reply, but I heard his footsteps coming towards our seats.

"Hey, you good?" He stands next to our row. I don't know what time it was, but most passengers seemed to be asleep.
"Yeah, I'm fine" I rubbed my eyes, pretending to have just woken up in case someone saw us.
"Nobody's awake, I checked" Ethan crosses his arms.

"Okay. What do you need bro?"
"I want to know what the plan is for when we arrive"
"I'll tell you later. I don't want people overhearing" I look around the plane.
"Fine. I messaged Cam by the way. She said she had spoken to Mom"
"Really? What did Mom say?"

She said that she could tell she wouldn't be able to get to Y/n without harming her relationship with us, so she made a compromise.

What do you mean "a compromise", Ethan?

She said that the only way we can live, now that she knows, is that you have to turn her.

My throughly grew dry quickly and my palms grew sweaty.

I will never turn her, E. I don't want her to have to live with this curse.

Grayson, think about it. She's going to grow old eventually. It's either you turn her or you can't be with her.

A shake my head angrily and swat my brother away. He leaves and goes back to his seat, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Should I really turn her? If I did, we could be together forever and she wouldn't be a potential threat to my family. But only if she were willing to go through the pain of the changing. I would never turn her without her consent.

I'll talk with her about when she wakes up.

————