0.7 "What are you doing, Gray?"

————

*Only play song when it says*

Y/n's POV
8:14 am

S C H O O L

I walk through the school doors half an hour earlier then usual, hoping I would catch Grayson before my other friends arrive. I get my books out from my locker before walking through the school halls. I see Grayson stood next to a broken vending machine, scrolling on his phone.
"Grayson?" I whisper, alerting his attention towards me.
"Hey..." he looks at the floor.
"Are we going to talk about what happened?"
"No. Just leave it" he snaps at me.
"Okay, if you don't want to talk about if you don't want to" I pause "but I was wondering if you were going to hang out with us today"
He sighed "Yeah, I'll talk with Ethan"
"Cool, I'm going to find Nia and Katrina. Bye" I mutter and walk towards Nia's locker.
I don't know what game he's trying to play, but I'm not going to offer to hang out with him all the time if he always makes up excuses.
"Hey, y/n" Marcus smiles. Nia, Marcus and Katrina were stood by Nia's locker, most likely watching me and Grayson.
"Were you guys watching us?" I roll my eyes at them with a smirk on my face.
"It's hard not to! I told you something was going on between them" Nia turns towards Marcus and laughs.
"Whatever, let's go to class" I sigh, walking to my Drama class.

*************************************************

L U N C H

My friends and I were all sat in the cafeteria, talking about that horrendous art lesson we had.
"Mine looked like I just got mud and rubbed it on a canvas" Marcus groaned, making the rest of us laugh at his embarrassment. Whilst we continued to talk, we were quickly silence by a cough that came from behind me. I turn around to see Grayson stood awkwardly behind me.
"Hey, Grayson" I say.
"H-hi y/n, can I sit with you?" He stutters.
"Yeah, sure you can" I shuffle on my seat, allowing Grayson to sit next to me.
"Where's Ethan?"
"He didn't want to come" he gestures to a table in the opposite direction. Ethan is sat on his own with a bottle of water in front of him.
"Well, maybe next time then" Marcus sighs.
We continue to talk whilst Grayson stays quiet. I made a joke about my horrible acting skills in my first drama lesson and for the first time I see Grayson laughing. He showed his teeth and I was alarmed by how sharp the back of his teeth were.

Fangs.

Grayson's POV
*PLAY SONG NOW*

Grayson I need to talk to you.

I sigh as Ethan's voice enters my mind.
"I'll be back" I say to y/n and she nods in reply. I walk out the door to see Ethan stood with his arms crossed.
"What are you doing Gray?" He whisper shouts.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"You know what I mean! Hanging around with all those people"
"Just because I'm sitting with people? I'm sorry that I don't want to be a loner for the rest of my life"
"It's too risky! What are we going to do when people notice we are different from them?"
"They won't, Ethan!" I shout "Just leave it"
"I'm not going to put our families lives in danger just because you like a human"
"What are you talking about?"
"You know what I'm talking about Gray. Don't think I didn't know what happened between you and y/n"
"Where did you get this from?" I ask, slightly angry.
"I can get into your IPhone X remember! I saw the messages between you and her"
"You can't say anything!" I slam my palms into the locker nearby before turning back around to Ethan.
"I'm not going to, but be careful. I'll sit with you tomorrow to make sure you don't do anything that could risk people finding out" he sighs.
"Fine, they were asking about you anyway"
"They were asking about me?" He looks shocked.
"Yeah, despite what you may think, some people actually care about us" I half-smile at him.
The bell rings for our second-to-last lesson and we walk to maths. Me and Ethan had our schedules exactly the same so we could make sure we weren't doing anything that could lead us to people finding out that we are vampires.

Well that worked didn't it?

————