1.6 Messages

————

Y/n's POV
9:04 am

The bright ray of sunlight, which beamed through the car window, woke me up from my peaceful sleep. My head rested on someone's knee whilst my legs lay  on the leather seats. I rubbed my eyes to see Grayson's face staring down at me.
"What time is it?" I yawned.
"9 am. We are driving to the airport" he smiled at me before I sat up and saw we were in the back of the bronco, Ethan driving. The radio was playing "dangerous woman" by Ariana Grande.

*PLAY SONG*

"Oh okay. Wait, I don't have my passport" I mentally face palm myself in stupidity.

If I knew we were going to LA, why didn't I think about bringing a passport?

"We knew you would forget it, so we got it when you were getting your things" I look at Ethan in confusion.
"How did you get it so fast? I didn't even notice you left the car" The twins laughed.
"We live in the fast lane, love" Grayson winks at me, making my heart flutter. I roll my eyes, laughing, and check my phone which was on the side.
"Thanks for my phone, E" I say sarcastically.
"No problem" he laughs in reply.
Scrolling through my messages, I see at least half of them are from Mum and Gary.

'Please come home'
'Are you safe?'
'Y/n please answer'

I bite my quivering lip as I read the messages. One message in particular makes me stop.

'Y/n, there is a woman outside. Do you know her? She asked for you but we didn't let her in' - Mum 15:03

She's was there.

I try to type a reply, but my shaking fingers made it hard to.

Me - Mum, I'm okay. Are you okay?

I didn't get a reply after a few minutes, which was abnormal for Mum as she normally texts me back soon after.
"Are you okay?" Grayson mimics the text.
"What do you mean?" I look up at him.
"Are you actually okay?" I pause for a moment, thinking of the best possible answer.
"I'm doing the best I can right now. In a day I have found out someone is trying to kill me, my parents could be dead and I'm flying to the other side of the country" Grayson just looks at me, understanding every word the pours out of my mouth.
"I know, it's hard. But I will protect you. No matter how far I have to go, I won't stop until you are safe" we stare at each other and find comfort in each other's presence. Right on cue, my phone buzzes.

Mum - Y/n! Thank god you answered. Yes I'm okay, the women just left once I told her you wasn't here. Where are you?

Sighing in relief as Mum's message pops up on my screen, I give Grayson a warm look, but his face is unreadable. I reply to the message anyway.

Me - I'm going to Los Angeles. I can't say why, it's too risky for you to know, but I will be safe X If the woman comes back, tell her I am out. Do NOT tell her where I am, I love you x

Mum - Los Angeles?!

Me - Yes

Mum - Don't make me regret this Y/n

Me - You won't, trust me xxx

Mum - I do, I love you, stay safe

Me - I will xx

Grayson had the same expression on his face, but gets out his phone, dialling a number.
"Who are you calling, Gray?" Ethan asks, looking through the mirror. He doesn't answer, only silence in the car as the call rings a few times. The person answers:

"Hello?" The voice sounds female.

"Cam, it's Grayson, we need your help"

His sister.

————