1.4 The plan

————

Grayson's POV
1:58 pm
*PLAY SONG*

The clock was ticking its last minutes until the bell rang for our next lesson. Maths. I looked over at Y/n, who was also watching the clock intensely, eager for second period. It confuses me that she likes maths so much, it's not that interesting. But still, she's cute when she's excited. Y/n turns her eyes to me and kept them there for a few seconds until she smiled slightly.

She's so cute.

Making sure nobody was looking, I sucked in a breath and made our surroundings into a warm, sunny beach; her favourite place. Our desks seemed out of place in a beach, as anything we touch whilst there comes with us. I mean, we aren't really there, but it feels like it. She gasped slightly as she looked around, her same expression every time. A warm smile appears on her lips as the gentle breeze sweeps my brunette fringe out of my face. But our small paradise was quickly erased when the bell rang. We picked up our bags, but I quickly grabbed Y/n's so she didn't have to carry it.
"You know, I can carry my own bag" she laughs as we exit our English lesson.
"I thought it was a cute idea, until I realised how heavy this thing was" I pretend to struggle with the bag, but was actually perfectly fine with it, making a laugh escape from her rose lips. We laughed together, walking down the long corridors of the maths block. Whilst walking, Ethan raced over to us, almost knocking Y/n off her feet.

"Be careful, Ethan" I say sternly as I help Y/n regain her balance.
"Mom knows" he says. My throat grows dry and I stop in my tracks.
"What do you mean she knows?" Y/n turns to me, confused. I grab them both and pull them into a nearby closet, where nobody could see us.
"How could you let this happen?!" I yell, pushing Ethan against the wall.
"It wasn't my fault! She checked our phones and saw the conversation" he choked. My grip was slight tight around Ethan's neck. He tried to get away, but I was much stronger then him.
"And I may have accidentally... told her" at this point my non-existent blood was boiling, but Y/n's small hands wrapped around my arm and I let go, not wanting to hurt her as well.
"Grayson, I'm sorry. But we need to get Y/n out of here. Mom's coming for her" Ethan stands up and looks at Y/n, sympathy in his golden eyes. I look at her as well, her face alarmed as she listens to us. She hasn't said anything yet, which scares me.
"How much time do we have left?" I ask, not taking my attention away from the human in front of me.
"She didn't say, but I managed to touch her shoulder before she left the room and found out she was planning to come to her house after school"
"Wait what? Your vampire mother is going to my house after school?! My mum and Gary are there" she gasped in horror in the unfortunate ending they might endure, "we have to warn them!" She grabs her iPhone out of her pocket, but Ethan grabs it out of her hands. I was too busy with my hands in my face to do anything.

Mom is after Y/n.

Y/n's POV

"You can't! It's too late, Y/n. We have to leave before she finds out" Ethan says, putting my phone into his pocket.
"Ethan, if your Mum goes to my house, she'll kill them" tears clouded my vision but I blink them away before they fell.
"There isn't time, we have to go now! Grayson, come on" he looks at Grayson, who had his hands in his face and was leaning against the concrete wall.
"Grayson" I whisper, not wanting him to lash out. Soft mutters escaped his lips, but were too quiet for me to hear.
"Grayson it isn't your fault. But if Mom finds her, it will be" Ethan was looking out the door window, making sure nobody was coming. As I walked closely to Grayson, his soft mutters grew louder.
"It's all my fault"
"Grayson, this isn't your fault. I promise you, nothing will happen" I scoop him into my arms to soothe him. If I'm honest, I don't know what will happen to me. He didn't say anything, but I could hear the sound of small hiccups coming from him.

I haven't ever seen him cry before.

"Hey, hey. It's okay" I place my hand on his cheek, trying to ignore the sharp coldness that attacked my palm. His eyes were blazing red, but his face was sad. He straightens himself up before finally speaking.
"We'll collect your stuff from your house, so you can say goodbye. But we are taking you away straight after" he says.
"I can't leave them, Gray. Where would we go?" I say, tears now falling onto my cheeks.
"California. Me and Gray found a old abandoned shack there last summer. She can't find you there" Ethan butts in.

"O-okay" I finally give in. If I go, I have a chance of surviving. But what will happen to Mum?

————