0.3 "Thank you, Gray"

————

Y/n's POV
10:24 am

"Hey, wait!" I called out to him, following him outside in the pouring rain. He turns around to face me and stares at me with dead eyes.
"What?" He says bluntly.
"Why did you do that?" I question.
"Do what?"
"Defend me from Morgan?" He pauses for a moment before answering.
"You didn't deserve that, what she said wasn't true"
"What wasn't true?" I began to feel my clothes stick to my skin as the rain drenches them.
"You're beautiful, don't let anyone tell you that you aren't" he looked at me seriously.
"Thank you, um" I pause, wondering what I should call him, despite know his name already.
"It's Grayson, but you can call me Gray"
"Thank you, Gray" I smile at him. As I look into his eyes, I notice this his normal, hazel eyes were replaced with a golden brown colour.
"Woah, your eyes just changed colour!" I look at him startled.
"It's just the lighting" he spits. He sucks in a deep breath, almost like he's smelling the air around me. Grayson licks his lips, before the bell rings for class.
"You better get to class, y/n" he smirks.
"How do you know my name? I haven't told you yet" I question him intently.
"I have my sources" he winks. He walks over to a a turquoise bronco in the parking lot.
"Hey, aren't you going to class?" I turn my head towards the school before looking back at Gray.
"I'm thinking of just going for a ride" he pats the nose of his truck. He opens his door.
"Can I join you?" I quickly ask before he gets in. Grayson turns back to me and stares at me for a few seconds. He nods to the other side of the truck and I quickly open the door and get inside.
"Sweet, is this new?" I wonder, patting the dashboard.
"Pretty much" he starts the engine and slams onto the pedal. I get slammed back into my seat.
"Grayson! Slow down!" I shout over the roaring engine. He laughs and continues to speed down the road.
"Fast is my type of ride, baby girl" he chuckles. Despite being completely thrown off by his remark, I squeeze my eyes shut. I assume he saw I had closed my eyes and the bronco slowed down. I open my eyes back open to see Grayson's eyes staring at me. They had turned back to hazel.
"Your eyes just changed again" I whisper. He doesn't say anything. The silence was uncomfortable.
"Can we turn on the radio?" I ask.
"Sure" he replies. We both reach for the button and end up clashing our hands together. His are stone cold which sends a chill up my arm.
"Your freezing" I say in shock. He once again doesn't say anything and tightens his hands around the steering wheel, turning his knuckles even whiter then his original skin shade.

————

Thanks for reading part 3! Is Grayson hiding something from Y/n? He seemed to have gotten pretty frustrated when y/n felt how cold he was. What do you think?
This book was written by L, the writer of all Dolan twins books on this account. T is the writer for all of the why don't we books.
If you are enjoying this book, leave a like and comment? 💜 Any suggestions for further events in the book are welcome and will be credited if they are used 😍