1.1 Family gift

————

Y/n's POV
3:09 pm

L I B R A R Y

Grayson, Ethan and I sat in the library after the bell rang for our first tutoring session.
"So the answer would be..." I pause for an answer.
"37" they both answer at the same time, making me go wide eyed.
"I don't know why Sir even asked me to do this, you clearly know what you are doing" I close my book, "heck, I think you both are smarter then me"
"Well, being alive for over 100 years helps" Grayson chuckles, running his hand through his dark hair.
"I suppose it would" a slight chuckles escapes my lips. We all get up from our seats.
"I'm gonna go, Gray. See ya, y/n" Ethan gives us a nod before turning the opposite direction and heading though the door, leaving me and Grayson.

Alone.

I put our books back into their original space on the shelves until I realise Grayson's black eyes were staring at me.
"Your eyes changed again. I was wondering" I begin to speak.
"Hmm" he raises an eyebrow at me, his eyes turning into a light brown.
"What can you do? I mean, as a vampire."
He seemed to hesitate for a moment, like he was contemplating whether he should answer my question.
"Would you like me to show you?" He gives me a smirk. Reaching out for my arm, he yanks me through the library and out the doors, leading me to the forest we normally meet at. We go deep into the woods where nobody could see. Golden leaves danced on the ground as light wind swept through my hair. Grayson turns to face me.
"Are you sure you want to know?" I give him nod in reply.

"Most vampire families have a family gift. For example, my family are all about the mind, which is why me and Ethan can read each other's thoughts"
My mouth drops in shock.
"You can read each other's thoughts?" I ask, mouth still hanging low.
"Yep. Ethan can see every thing a person has witness or felt, just by a slight contact with someone. This is the reason why he doesn't socialise a lot, as it's not something he can control" a break of sunlight in the trees shine on his body, revealing his shimmering chest like thousands of jewels.

"My sister, Cameron, can read the mind. Like Ethan, she can't control it, but she never really had to worry as she doesn't go to school. It's the worst for her though, as reading someone's mind is like thousands of people screaming at you at once" he glances through the trees, making sure nobody was around.
"What about your parents?" I ask. He doesn't really talk about his parents that often.
"My mother can change someone's emotions. She could make you cry, when everything is good and laugh, when there's only bad going on around you"
He looks back at me.
"That sounds quite scary" I shudder as a hush of wind blows on my back.
"Not as scary as my dad" he grins as if someone had just told him a joke, "he can control your mind. Make your mind change the way it acts in a matter of seconds"
I gasp of the thought of someone that could basically turn you into a mindless body which is controlled by someone else.

"What about you?" I step closer towards him, the distance between us had become awkward.
"I can't really explain, let me show you" his eyes turned yellow and his pupil grew thin, like a cat.
Within a second, the surroundings around me began to change, like I was teleporting into a new dimension. The green, dark forest were turned into a Hawaiian beach. The waves crashed against the rocks and the sand crunched against my feet. I look at Grayson, who was staring at me intently.
"Oh my gosh" a smile replaced my lips as I watched the sky, parrots flying above me. He grins at me in relief.
"I thought you would be freaked out" he says.
"How could I freak out? I mean, I suppose I am in a totally new location, but its beautiful" I began to walk near the edge of the sand, where the crystal water met the soft stones. Before I could reach out and touch it, the beach was turned back into the forest. I sighed, realising I wasn't actually on a beach. He lets out a soft chuckle.
"Come on, lets get you home"

————