0.2 "Leave them alone"

————

Y/n's POV
10:01 am

Once the bell rang, I packed up my stuff and waited for everyone else to leave before I did. Grayson had the same idea and walked over to Ethan, whispers something to him. As I walked past them to leave the classroom, they both turned their heads in my direction, before turning back round.
That's strange.
I go to my locker after that strange encounter to put my books away and start to walk to the cafeteria. I didn't know what to think about the new boys. They seemed normal, but they act differently then the rest of us. Almost like they were from the 19th century or something. As I enter the cafeteria, I instantly notice my friends sitting on a table nearby and wave at them. I have three best friends: Marcus, Katrina and Nia. Nia and I were best friends since I moved, as she lived only a few houses away, but I met Katrina during a volleyball club two years ago. Marcus moved last year to New Jersey from Texas and didn't have any friends so we invited him to join us. Before you ask, Marcus is interested in guys, so many people bullied him which is why we let him hang with us. He's really cool so I don't know why people would bully someone like Marcus.
"Hey Brit" Katrina laughed as I sat down next to her. My friends gave me 'Brit' as my nickname because I'm from England and talk different from everyone else.
"Hey guys, what did everyone do this summer?" I ask.
"I went to Florida with my family, what about you Kat?" Marcus smiles.
"I just relaxed. After all, it was summer" She winked.
As we talked about the new school year, I turned my head to see Grayson and Ethan sat on a table by themselves.
"Aw, the new kids are by themselves" Nia sighed. Almost like they heard us from the other side of the cafeteria, they both turned towards us at the same time. This is starting to get really creepy. Grayson's eyes lock with mine, but something in my mind didn't tell me to stop. After 5 seconds of our staring competition, I look away to join in with the conversation with the others.
"Oh look, it's the freaks of the school" someone laughed behind me. I turned around to see Morgan and her friends leaning over me. As I look her up and down, I can already tell she got work done over the summer. It's almost like her entire body is made out of plastic.
"Hi Morgan, did you get another boob job?" Katrina smirks. I elbow her in the ribs, letting her know she shouldn't of said that.
"Looks like you could use one too, especially you y/n" Morgan flicks her hair at me.
"What does that mean?" I stand up from my chair. The cafeteria had gone quiet, making a scene.
"I'm just saying, it may be useful to get some work done on yourself. Maybe that's why you can't get a guy to like you, because you look like a dog" she laughs with her friends, which burst my eardrums as her screech echoes the room.
"Leave them alone"
Everyone turns to see Grayson standing behind Morgan with a terrifying look on his face.
"Who are you?" Morgan says with disgust.
"Let's just say I'm someone you don't want to mess with. Now, leave them alone" His voice get deeper as his face scrunches up in anger.
"Fine, I was getting bored" she struts off in a strop with her minions following closely behind. I turn towards Grayson and whisper "Thank you". He nods his head at me and walks out the hall. Something washes over me and I find myself running after the kind stranger who just helped me.
"Hey, wait!" I called.

————

Thanks for reading part two! What do think of the new kids? What does Grayson want with Y/n? Are they really what they seem? Leave a comment to share you opinion on this chapter and leave a like 💕
This book was written by L, the writer of all Dolan Twin books on this account. The other author, T, writes all Why don't we books.
Thanks for reading 💋💋