1.7 Cameron Dolan

————

Grayson's POV
11:45 am

It was only a few hours later when we arrived at the airport. And it was only a few hours later when Cameron met with us. As we parked up the bronco, she stood in front of the entrance, leaning against the wall. I told Y/n to get behind, as I knew Cam didn't especially like her.

"What do you want Grayson? I want nothing to do with her" Cam glared at Y/n, who was standing behind me.
"Just hear me out Cam. Y/n is very special to me, she's the only person who I can really feel good with. And Mom is coming for her, to kill her. Please, we need your help" I stand with my arms crossed, but my face pleaded to my sister. She stood there for a while, thinking about what to do. Until finally, she shrugged her shoulders and gave in.
"Fine, but why is she after the girl?" Cameron didn't know that Y/n knew about us. Yet.
"The thing is, Y/n kinda... knows about us" Ethan decided to speak for me, as he and my sister got on better then we did.
"What?!" She screeches, Alerting everyone's attention. Seeing that everyone was now looking, Cam lowered her voice down.
"How could you let this happen Gray? We told you to be careful" I look at the floor.

How did I let this happen?

I'm supposed to be the responsible one, Ethan the trouble maker.

"What's done, is done. But you know that this girl is the most important person in Grayson's life. So if anything happens to her, he won't cooperate" Ethan, once again, speaks in my place. He knows me better then I know myself.
"I guess you are right" Cameron's tone in voice began to grow more friendly and her protective stand relaxed a little. She turned to me.
"You are my brother, I only want the best for you. Is this what you want?" I looked up at her, nodding my head up and down, ferociously.
"Okay, I'll help" she bites her cheek, her thinking face.
"Where did you say you were going?" She asks.
"California. To the old house we found, remember?"

When me and Ethan found the old cottage, Cameron was the first to know as she read our minds as soon as our grinning faces came back to our beach house. I remember her saying 'You guys are the worst at hiding things. Where is this place you found?' When we showed her, she instantly fell in love with it. So that's were we went, everyday until we left.

"Okay, this is what we will do" She ushers the three of us to come closer, making sure no body could hear.
"You guys fly to Cali, whilst I'll go back and find Mom. When I find her, I'll try to reason with her. If she doesn't listen, I'll tell her you went to New York. That will put her off track"

"What will happen if she figures out we aren't there?" Y/n small voice comes from behind me, the first time she had spoken for 10 minutes. Cameron turns to her.
"Well, she'll most likely leave you guys alone. I mean, once you guys leave, you won't be classed as family to Mom" me and Ethan's eyes grew wide. I didn't think Mom would actually do that to us. Interrupting our conversation, a woman comes through the small speaker.
"Everyone who is flying to California on flight 103, please make sure all bags are checked and be waiting in the lounge for your boarding call"
"That's our cue. Good luck, C" I hug Cameron before she walks away and we go through the main doors.

Please work.

————

AYEEEE, CAMERON IS BACK !! Did you all miss her? I did 💙 Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Also, how are you feeling when reading these recent chapters? I know it has brought a couple of tears. Thanks for reading this part, I hope you have an amazing day 💓

-L 💋