1.8 On Cloud Nine

————

Y/n's POV
11:57 am
*PLAY SONG*

We got past security in under 15 minutes. I suppose that was because I only had one bag.
"Why didn't you and Ethan bring any bags?" I turned in my chair to face Grayson, who was also facing me. We were sat in the waiting lounge which was as empty as a ghost town because nobody flys to another state in the middle of November.
"We already have stuff there, as we go to Cali almost every year" his small smile faded, "or at least we did until now"
My heart sank as my mind processed what he said. I can't believe I'm the one who has caused this much damage in a persons life.
"Grayson, I'm sorry for everything. You shouldn't be in this mess" tears clouded my vision.
"Hey, I wouldn't be who I am today if we didn't get into this mess. Besides you are worth it. You may not realise it, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me" Grayson's cold hands turned my chin to face him again.
"Are you sure?" Grayson chuckles in reply.
"Y/n" His face turned serious, but his eyes still held that friendly look.
"Yes, Gray?" I gaze into his eyes, which stared deep into my soul. His hand moved from my chin to take them in my own. We were now holding both hands.
"I didn't know that I could feel this way about a person until now. But I don't know how to say it" I already knew what he was going to say, because I was thinking the same thing.
"Then show me" he hesitated for a moment, but then pulled me close and kissed me passionately. Our eyes were closed and the world around us dissolved as we were wrapped in our own fantasy bubble.
"Guys, I know there is nobody around, but please. Get a room" Ethan was trying to hold in his laughter. Me and Gray broke apart and laughed at the third wheel who was sat directly opposite us.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

*************************************************

P L A N E

We had a 5 hour journey to LA on the plane. When I packed for this journey, I seemed to only think about my clothes when I'm there and not the actual trip there, so it was going to be a long ride without something to do for 5 hours. Thankfully, I had my best friends to keep me company. Well, only Grayson. Since we only got the tickets today, we had to be given the last 3 seats, meaning Ethan ended up in a few rows behind us whilst me and Gray sat together on the two seated row.

"I can't believe you are only just reading that book now" I laugh at Grayson, who was reading 'Blood Brothers' for the first time.
"At least I'm reading it, if we weren't on a plane for 5 hours then I probably would have never picked it up in the first place" he bumps my shoulder with mine whilst chuckling.
"Well, what do you think about it then?"
"It is rather good. I seem to relate to Edward on a personal level" his answer made me realise how much he actually does and I giggle in response.
"You actually do! I feel like we are actually Mickey and Eddy, only I'm a girl" he nods his head at my reaction, a goofy smile plastered on his lips.

"I'm almost finished with this book, any recommendations on other books I could read when we get in Cali?"
"Hmmm, what about... Twilight?" His eyes grow wide whilst I stifle a laugh.
"I hope you aren't serious" one eyebrow lifts up and a smirk replaces his smile.
"Hell Yeah I'm serious. It's actually so addictive to read. As soon as you have read the first book, you won't be able to stop reading" I know this from personal experience.
"Twilight isn't literature" (VINE REFERENCE)
I gasp at his sneaky remark.
"How dare you!" We laugh in harmony whilst other passengers stare at the loud noise that was coming from our direction.
"Whoops" I lower my voice so everyone stops looking.
"We should probably be more quiet" Grayson whispers.
"Yeah, that might be best" I let out a tired yawn.
"Are you tired, y/n?" He asks.
"A little" Okay, that's a lie. I'm REALLY tired.
"Go to sleep then if you are" he shifts his body so I can comfortably rest my head on his shoulder.

"Hey Grayson. When do you think we will come back to New Jersey?"

"I don't know"

————