1.5 "Im so so so sorry"

————

Y/n's POV
2:13 pm
*PLAY SONG*

Grayson's bronco was speeding down the busy streets, making its way to my house, where I had to say goodbye. I grew sick to my stomach just thinking about how the first person who stayed by my side was going to be dead in under 12 hours. I didn't want to tell Ethan or Grayson about how I was feeling, maybe because it doesn't matter. Their minds were made up. How they could make a decision like that so quickly was unbelievable, as I couldn't even decide what to eat this morning for breakfast. For a split second, I forgot what was happening around me and the only thing I focused on was the green blurs whizzing last the window.
"Me and Ethan are going to wait here, whilst you quickly get your stuff and come back" Grayson pulls the car to a stop in front of my house and turns to me. I nod and sigh. This is it.
"This is for your safety, Y/n. I'm sorry" he embraces me in a big hug.
"The area is safe, you can go" Ethan opens the door for me and I step outside into the freezing cold. Racing to the door of my house, I slam it open.
"Y/n, what are you doing back at home?" Mum comes out of the kitchen, eyebrows raised. I don't bother to answer her and run up the stairs, into my room. I don't even know what to say.
"Y/n, answer your Mother" Gary walks into my room with his arms crossed. But I'm too busy ripping the suitcase out from under my bed and stuffing every top and pants I could find into it.
"Where are you going with all this?" Mum and Gary are now both in my room, blocking the door.
"I can't stay, I have to leave, now!" I zip up the bag and try to push past them.
"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down kid, where are you going?" Gary holds me by my shoulders, making me stop and look at him. By now, warm, salty tears are streaming down my face. I take a second to look at the adults in front of me. Mum, the woman everyone wanted to be. She was incredibly beautiful for her age, with short brown hair and big green eyes. She was the owner of a big company and earned loads of money, she had a smart daughter and a kind husband. Who wouldn't want to be her? Gary, the man who couldn't hurt a fly. He was so kind and caring to Mum, who was broken before he came. He had short sandy-blonde hair and blue eyes, with one of those faces that would stick in your mind for forever. He was amazing. To me. To Mum. To everyone he met.

How could I do this to them?

"I just need to go, and you do too!" I push them both out of my way before hugging onto them tightly.
"You need to leave the house, it's not safe. I can't tell you why but just trust me on this one. I just need to tell you this. If I don't see you again, I love you both so much. You are too good to me and even if I don't say this much, you mean the world to me" I pull away from them and run down the stairs, them following close behind.
"Y/n" Mum is now crying, even Gary is. Turning towards them for the last time, I take a deep breath.
"I'm so so so sorry" I head out of the door and climb into the bronco, which was waiting for me on the other side of the road.
"Let's go" Ethan says in the back seat. Grayson slams on the pedal and we fly on the road. I looked in the rear view mirror and see Mum and Gary chasing after the car, yelling my name. But the car is too fast and shortly they become small specks in the distance. The tears were still streaming down my bright red face, small hiccups came out of my mouth.
"How could I do this to them?" I raise my hands to my face and let out broken sobs. Grayson and Ethan don't say anything, but Grayson places his hand on my thigh in comfort. My eyes grow heavy and they gently fall. Darkness embracing my vision.

————

Wowowowowowow 🌈 These parts are getting more dramatic! I hope you enjoyed this part. Poor Y/n, what will happen to Mum and Gary? ALSO, poor Grayson. That date will never happen now, will it? Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. I love you guys so much 💕

-L