Regular Day

As we drove to the studio we talk about the trip. She talked about how lonely she was.

   " You don't understand. I was so bored. "

   " Welp. That's your fault. You could have come with me. "

   " Ya, but I had work to catch up on. "

I shrugged my shoulders and felt the car stop and the engine die. We made it to the studio. I got out of Megan's car as we walked into the building. We reached the elevator and it took us to level 8. Once it stopped we stepped out and I saw the familiar hallways of the studios. Megan lead me to one of the studio doors. I walked in and saw the red walls and white carpet.

   " Hey! There she is! "

I looked and saw my friend Bobby sitting in front of the desktop.

   " Hey, Bobby. "

   " Hey, Y/n good to see you again. How was the vacation?"

   " It was good. Now it's time to go back to work. "

   " Ya. When you're ready go through the door and I'll start the instrumental part and you sing the words for it. In case you forgot the words there's a sheet of paper stating the lyrics."

   " Wow, you guys were ready. "

   " Always. "

I stepped through the door and shut it behind me. I put the headphones on and took a look at the lyric sheet. 

   " Ready? " Bobby said over the speaker.

I gave him a thumbs up and then the music started.

   " That was a good take. " Nonny said.

I nodded and  Megan came into the room shutting the door behind her.

   " Here's a water. "

   " Thanks. "

   " This next one we need another set of vocals, but we are going to go on ahead and get yours."

   " Okay. What's the song?"

   " Bubblegum Boy. Do you need the lyrics?"

   " No, I got it memorized. "

   " If only you did that with all your songs. " She said leaving the room.

   " Hey!"

Then the music started.

   " Good one. After this next one, we can take a break and rest that voice of yours. "

   " Alright let's get started. "

Megan came in and handed me the lyrics. I set it on the stand as the music started.

   " Alright, and we are done for an hour! "

   " Hour?"

   " Ya, the boss said we need to speed it up so the break is only an hour. "

   " Got it. "

I walked out of the room and went to the lounge area. I took my phone out and FaceTimed Travis. It took a bit but he picked up and I saw his face on the screen.

   " Hey, Y/n!"

   " Hey, Travis. I have an hour until I go back to work. So I thought I would call. "

   " I thought you were still on the boat? "

   " No. I have to finish up my new album here and then I can discuss when I can move. If I leave now all the songs wouldn't be able to transfer because one of the files is incomplete. "

   " Oh, I understand. I think. "

   " So I won't move until a month maybe. "

   " Well be glad it's a month. "

   " Why?"

He turned around and showed me Mystreet. The place was blown up. There was no street anymore actually.

   " What happened?"

   " The mayor blew it up thinking no one lived on the street. It blew everything on the other streets up to. "

   " Welp. There goes my house. "

   " Ya. We are all staying at a hotel and we are looking for a new street to stay at. "

   " Ahh, I see. "

Then someone grabbed the phone and took it away from Travis. I saw blue and black hair. Then their faces appeared on the screen.

   " Hi, Katlyn. Hi Aphmau. "

   " Heyyyy gurl. Tell us all about the cruise with Laurence. "

   " Oh, Irene. "

   " Come on spill. I need to know if I need to beat him when he comes back. "

   " Well. It was fine. Nothing happened, except for one thing. "

   " Oh?"

   " And before I say anything Katlyn I am giving you full permission to punch him. "

   " Sweet. "

   " Michi was on the boat with us and she used a potion to look like me. Laurence asked us both questions and...."

They looked at me with anticipation.

   " He asked us what word was used to save me from Jack. Michi said it and he made me say it. "

   " What!?"

Then the screen changed again. This time I saw Travis. He had a worried expression on his face.

   " Alright. Well, Y/n I have to go and make sure Katlyn doesn't break or destroy anything. "

   " Good luck. "

   " Ya, I'm gonna need it. "

Then the call ended. A figure stood over me and I looked up to see Omar. He was another one of the friends I made while moving.

   " Hey, Omar. What's up?"

   " Hello Y/n. I cam to get you for the next song recordings. "

   " Where's Megan?"

   " S-She's already there. I came late and she told me to come get you and bring you back to studio 9. She said if I did then she would forget about me being late. "

   " I don't know if I want to go now. I like her knowing that you're late. "

   " Please........."

   " Nope. "

Then he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

   " Hey! I did not agree to this. " I said laughing.

   " To bad. " He said laughing too.

We passed by others singers and our coworkers. They all laughed with us.

   " You two are the jokesters of the building. "

   " Ya, you two own the title. "

Omar chuckled as he carried me to studio 9. Once we were there he opened the door and brought us both inside. He walked into the booth and set me down. Then he left the booth and started talking to Bobby about the recording.

   " Ready?"

I gave them a thumbs up as the music started playing.