After a Year

It has been one year since I left Mystreet. One full year. I don't believe it myself. At first, I didn't know where I was going. I decided that I would visit family for a while, and they were generous enough to help me find an apartment and they paid for it all. I got a job at a maid cafe and it paid very well, so Eventually, while I was on my breaks I would sit in the kitchen and sing to the cook. She liked my singing a lot. She said it calms her. 

Then one day a talent scout walked into the cafe and heard me. Ever since then I became a singer. I still live in my apartment, and I loved living there. I never saw anyone from Mystreet ever again. It was sad, but they wanted me to leave so I did. I felt something vibrate in my shorts pocket. I took my phone out and answered it.

   " Hello?"

   " Musically! It's good to hear from you."

I took up a stage name for myself. I didn't really want to use my real name and my manager agreed with me.

   " I told you, Megan, you can just call me Y/n."

   " I know. I just wanted to say it. Rolls right off the tongue."

   " Alright fine. Why did you call?"

   " Well, The manager of Love~Love Paradise wants you to go to the Resort and perform every few nights for a few weeks."

   " So is it all paid for?"

   " Yes, and I checked everything. It's legit and the place you will be staying is beautiful."

   " Okay tell them I agree. When would I need to leave?"

   " You would need to leave tomorrow morning."

   " Okay. Thanks, Megan."

   " Not a problem girl."

I hung up and set my phone on the bed. I went to start packing. I packed a lot of clothes and my camera. I picked up my phone and remembered what I did before I left.

( Flashback )

I walked into the store and looked at all the new phones they had for sale.

   " Hi miss how are you?"

   " I'm good. Can I get a new phone with a new number please."

   " Sure. May I ask why do you want a new number?"

   " I-I keep getting these calls from random people looking for someone named Josh."

   " Ahhh I see. Well, I can set you up with a new one right away."

   " Thanks."

He walked me over to a table and we started getting my new phone ready.

( Flashback )

I shook my head and put my phone in my pocket.

   " I need to forget about them. They don't want to see me anyways. "

I kept packing. It's true I went into a depressed state for a while. They were my world and when they left it destroyed me. I kept thinking of cutting but I knew it wasn't a good idea. So I found a new way to express my feelings. Through music. It was my gateway out of reality. I had finished packing so I set my suitcase to the side and climbed into bed. Excited for the next day.

   ' I can't wai-.......she didn't tell me what time the flight is.'