Twenty 3

CHERYL's POINT OF VIEW

"Hey, Mom." Daniel said as he stood up and gave her a hug.

She's a very pretty woman. Slender, long hair, poppin' figure and basically Daniels Twin but the girl version.

"Ma, I want you to meet Cheryl." He said as he walked her over towards me. I stood up and smiled. Larnell rushed to give me a big hug.

His people aren't afraid to give others hugs.

"Oh my goodness! You are gorgeous! I'm so happy to finally meet you!" She said as she pulled back from the hug and smiled so big at me.

"Thank you. You're very pretty as well. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Hawkinson." I said as we continued to smile at each other.

"Daniel...my boy, good job." She said as she winked at Daniel and walked around the table to sit by her husband. "I have so many questions for the two of you!" She said as she sat down and looked at Daniel and I.

"Mom...not too many." Daniel said as she looked at her.

"You'll be fine. Cheryl, are you expecting to be the wife of my son?" She asked me.

"Well..yes ma'am. I want that more than anything. I tell him all the time- I'm waiting on him actually." I said as I smiled and looked at Daniel.

"Soon, baby." He said as he nodded his head.

"How long have you two been together?" She then asked.

"3 years today." Daniel told her.

"Happy 3 year Anniversary." She told us. "I'm happy that the two of you haven't been in such a rush for marriage. Time is how you know that you're honestly and truly ready."

"Thanks." Daniel and I said in unison.

Daniel grabbed my hand and held it underneath the table. I held onto his hand tightly and became silent. We all started to eat.

Then Daniel broke the silence.

"Mom, there's something that I wanted to share with you. Well...that Cheryl and I want to share- with you and Dad. She told her Mom but she didn't take it too well. However, I know that the two of you will like it." Daniel said as he looked at me and then back at his parents.

I looked at Daniel with a confusing look on my face and lightly laughed off my nerves. What the hell was he about to say?

"Ba-...baby, what is it?" I whispered to him.

He patted my thigh and started smiling.

"Well, Mom...Dad. Cheryl and I are trying to have a baby." He said.

His Mom and Dad looked at each other and all of a sudden they got really excited. They smiled so big at each other.

"Oh my gosh. Are you serious? Wait until I tell your brother about this!" His Mom said.

"Brother?" I said as I looked over at Daniel.

"Yeah...I have a brother and a sister but my sister barely comes home. She moved to Montana a while back but...she comes home during the holidays. My Brothers name is Donny and my sis' name is Dee. Yeah...I know what you're thinking- my parents were obsessed with the letter D when it came to naming their children." Daniel said to me.

His Mom and Dad were looking at us and waiting for us to stop talking.

"Oh..." I said as I picked up my fork and continued to eat. I was so lost. Why am I just now finding out about all of this stuff?