Twenty 1

DANIEL's POINT OF VIEW
5:30 a.m

"I've never heard you yell like that..." Cheryl said as she laid on my chest and played with my hand.

"I know, baby. I apologize about that." I said as I looked up at the ceiling and then down at our hands.

"I thought that I had lost you." She said in a low, sweet voice. I should never ignore her again- she didn't deserve that. She deserved an explanation.

"I just ignored your calls because I needed some time to think. That's all..."

Cheryl picked her head up and looked at me. She propped her head up on my chest to where we were both looking at each other.

"Don't do that again, please." She said as she looked me in my eyes and held a straight face.

"I won't, I promise you." I said as I started to play with her hair.

"Daniel...." she said as she looked at me.

"Baby, I said that I won't." I said as I gently laughed.

"No, it's about something else." She said in a straight tone. I scrunched my eyebrows together and gave her a confused look. "The other day...you said that you had lied to me. Lied to me about what?" She asked me.

Damn. She remembered that? I was hoping that she didn't because I didn't mean to say that. Even though I am lying...

I had to rush and think of something. Something true at least.

"Well, uhm...my parents know nothing about you. I told you that I told them about you but...I lied. They don't know." I said to her.

It was true...they didn't even know about Monica.

"But, uhm- I guess that since we have been together for some time and I guess since we are trying to have a baby and all....maybe you should meet them. If you wanna?" I asked her.

"BABY, ARE YOU FOR REAL? I CAN FINALLY MEET THEM?!" She said as she sat up and started to get excited.

"Yes, baby, yes. I want you to!" I said as I laughed and pulled the covers up to cover her body a little bit more. She was too excited that I'm actually letting up a little bit and letting her do this.

"You wanna meet them today?" I asked her as I sat up, laid her down on her back, put my body in between her legs and started to kiss her as I held my body up over her.

"Yes, please. That would be the best 3 year anniversary gift ever." She said as she smiled up at me and waited for me to kiss her.

"Oh really?" I asked her as I went down for another kiss.

"Yes, baby. I've waited so long for this moment and I'm surprised that you're actually even considering it, baby. It makes me happy that you want them to meet me." She said as she touched my face and came in for another kiss.

"Uhm hm. I mean, I've told my mom a little bit about you. She just doesn't know your name." I said as I broke the kiss.

"So, I'm just this mysterious woman that you're in love with?" She asked me as she laughed a little.

"To her...yes but to me- you're my best friend, lover, wife-to-be, the Mother of my children soon and so, so much more." I told her as I continued to look into her eyes.

"Children?" She asked me.

"Yes, were gonna have two babies. Two girls. Watch. Not twins either." I told her as I sat up but stayed between her legs.